5 Points On Why Pennsylvania Could Become An Election Flashpoint | Talking Points Memo

Good for Dallas county, I live in Denton, red as can be. Got my Ballot today, trying to decide if I want to mail it in, turn it in by hand, or just take with me to early vote at the polling station.

1 Like

This is very much at the local level. She lives right up the road from me.
I phoned to let her know that I’m watching her - and that I will not have my vote ignored for any reason.
I pointed out that this is the first time she’s heard from me. I don’t normally feel the need to contact my local reps. But this is different and I’m pissed and I’m not putting up with any ratfucking around here.
I think she got the message. But I still don’t trust her.

3 Likes

Good for you!

@jtx - yea we can’t decide either. Haven’t gotten our ballots yet either. And what the hell is up with Denton Co? There are two universities there. One would think it would be a liberal place.

I worry about the Poconos section of PA, Tobiana and Stroudsburg have a lot of Trump signs and my cousin loves in Drums which might as well be Kentucky :grin:

Sadly PA is not one of those

1 Like

Agreed. I think this whole PA thing is a fake pass to the tRump team. The possibility of Biden losing PA is pretty low.

2 Likes

What good will fighting that do if tRump has lost Arizona, Michigan, Wisconsin, Florida, etc.?

2 Likes

Exactly.

And maybe even Texas. They are tied again in the polls in Texas.

There are tons of small ruel communities still in Denton County. Then there is Flower Mound, Highland Village, the money is there. Those folks are really conservative there. Lewisville is lower income lots of apts, large or multiple famlies renting houses, these people do not tend to vote, I dont think, many may not be citizens. Denton as you indicate is a college town. I do not know how they vote. One of my daughters grad. From TWU, according to her those students she knew were conservatives. That has been years now, things maybe changing in Denton.

1 Like

2 Likes

I know that there was an headquarters for an anti-choice crusader up there too. Yeah I guess I forget the county encompasses all that growth.

When I was going to North Texas State (that’s how long ago it was) we were doing salvage archeology where they were getting ready to plow up the farmland and build Flower Mound. I can’t believe it’s solid town all the way these days from Dallas and even beyond Denton. But then, I’m getting old. hahaha

Yea up 35 it looks solid even now though going thru Lewisville, and Flower Mound there still lots of room before you get 35W. But yea construction along 35 is big. The more people though the more Democratic it will come.

1 Like

This is true. :grin:

1 Like

This will matter only if the election is close. Close enough nationally that Biden needs PA to get to 270, and close enough in PA, that Biden is not ahead by the end of election night in the state.

PA is unlikely to repeat the clusterfuck of the June primary, where there was far less lead time for both voters and election officials to adjust to high volume VBM, and as a result of many people only requesting a ballot within a couple weeks of election day, the number of provisional ballots cast was sky high.

A good part of America is looking at this in stunned amazement.

We cannot unsee what we have learned about a lot of our fellow Americans.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available