5 Points On The Heightened Concern Over Saturday’s Right-Wing Rally At The Capitol | Talking Points Memo

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and predict that this is going to be like Charlottesville 2.0 when it went to D.C., and all the preparations ended up being for a handful of idiots who actually showed up, and the whole thing will be a bust.

40 Likes

Someone should organize a nice passive-aggressive counter-protest where people just show up, shit on the portapotty seats and leave. Maybe even leave their dollop with one little lit birthday cake candle in it.

10 Likes

My view is that there won’t be many there because the crazy Trump cultists discovered that engaging in insurrection leads to arrest and criminal charges. It was such a shock to the crazies.

26 Likes

The answer to this is pretty obvious, isn’t it? Trump himself is a fascist who has surrounded himself with many fascists: Stephen Miller, Steve Bannon, Roger Stone, Paul Manafort, Michael Flynn, Corey Lewandowski . . . . .and the list goes on.

14 Likes

I wonder what it would cost to transport about 5,000 antifa to DC for a counter-protest? The fascists shouldn’t be allowed to consume all the oxygen. Or all the press. It would inform the weakness of the fascists, if outnumbered. Further, the Magats violent behavior would be documented. That their time is past. I like the idea regarding the porta-potties. There used to be a time when jokers would drop a large firecracker down the ventilation chimneys of those things (and into the soup) while occupied. I am sure those days are past. Further, if it happened, the fascists would wear it as The Brown Badge of Courage.

7 Likes

It’s not like all the prisoners are imprisoned in DC. It would probably have more impact if these dingbats stormed a jail where these folks actually were.

3 Likes

Someone will be selling Trump merch there, count on it. Hats, T-shirts, flags and coffee mugs. That may be all this is.

17 Likes

Yes and the framing is all about “political prisoners” which is a phrase that makes a lot of right-wingers roll their eyes… “I am so sick of that Amnesty International bleeding heart garbage!”

5 Likes

No need, they’re already all over the city. D.C. is sending around teams to different areas pleading with the locals to please not engage any MAGA that might start wandering around with guns, but just call the cops.

If the MAGA stray from downtown (and not very far from the Capitol) or hang out after dark, there could be parties.

3 Likes

I dunno. The violence is coming, but we should make it them that starts it. Antifa is an abysmal failure and counterproductive mess. The REAL tactic should be abject, relentless humiliation, rather than visiting violence upon them. A turd on every portapotty seat would be a grand way to achieve that…especially if nobody says boo about it until it starts circulating in mainstream media reports, with bobblehead after bobblehead having to say that reports are coming out about every single portapotty suffering that fate while expressing complete consternation about why or how such a thing could happen.

All we need is for a couple hundred willing souls to visit a nearby Chipotle about 2-3 hours before the event starts.

10 Likes

In January, he wrote to the Justice Department that “we do not support the Biden Administration using those few bad apples as an excuse to persecute the peaceful Trump supporters who entered the Capitol with selective prosecutions based on their political beliefs.”

Hey dipshit: if any insurrectionists entered the Capital after the violent phalanx cleared a path and broke the necessary windows and doors down to facilitate ingress – then they’re not “peaceful”.

If your “beliefs” incorporate rejecting the Constitutionally mandated system of selecting slates of electors from each state to determine who will be President, and instead opt for an alternate system where armed rioters intimidate the body of Congress in the hope that they will reject the election results out of immediate fear for their lives - being arrested and incarcerated is not “persecution”.

22 Likes

That was happening on the side facing the Mall. On the back end, doors were almost literally opened for people. So definitely depends where and how they entered, 100% with you that anyone on the Mall side knew that they were part of a violent mob smashing their way in.

3 Likes

Easier than that. There are lines of food trucks outside the Smithsonian, especially on weekends. Don’t even need that long a lead-time if you get some real gritty taco truck stuff in you.

6 Likes

On January 6th, I was watching Baked Alaska’s live feed (yeah, him…thanks, Google) and got all the live action from the Mall side. It’s kind of burned into my memory.

3 Likes

There won’t be violence if it’s only a few hundred assholes, they are cowards…if there was a real police presence on Jan 6th they would have backed down, just like they did when Babbitt was shot. They aren’t really people who believe in having consequences for their actions.

It’s also not going to happen because this has become so public that the worst elements will stay away, they will come in a sneak attack instead of openly…their only chance is surprising the authorities, hitting the Capitol with a protest will no longer be a surprise.

Look for violence the night before or after though, the assholes like to rove around and beat people up, they have done that many times now.

22 Likes

we have a lot of losers on our side<<
Truer words never spoken.
And let’s face it. If you want the losers to go to the event you need to have Trump there.

12 Likes

“The Bill Barr Memorial Port-A-Potty Party”.

(It’d be standing room only!)

22 Likes

Pick up trucks flying confederate flags, T**** banners, driven by people with two first names. Never see ‘em comin’.

2 Likes

Has White Castle arrived in D.C. yet?

6 Likes

On the one hand, the 5 ubercons don’t give a fuck. On the other hand, where will their support be when the next president says “let them enforce it” or their impeachment proceedings commence?

20 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available