3 Organizers Of Trump Fake Elex Plot—Including Chesebro—Indicted In Wisconsin

Wisconsin Attorney General Josh Kaul unveiled charges on Tuesday against three people who helped devise and implement the 2020 fake electors scheme, docket sheets show.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1491551

Wisconsin going for the big cheese. Seems fitting……

68 Likes

The Cheese now been indicted in Wisconsin. These jokes just write themselves

70 Likes

The lawsuits need to keep coming until these guys suffer more than a bad news cycle.

76 Likes

The hammer needs to come down on all of these traitors. It needs to be crystal clear that the MAGA movement is anathema to the rule of law, the sense of decency and the moral compass of this nation.

100 Likes

I have no idea what AG Josh Kaul is doing. After 3.5 years of near silence, he comes with these fairly skinny charges. I have responded to every one of his campaign emails lambasting him for not doing anything. I guess we will see if this is for real…but it doesn’t hurt the people it needs to hurt (to borrow a RW mantra).

The real effect this could have had for the '22 election was to hold the entire R party, and the entire WI R ecosystem up for examination and keep them all in the news and battling charges that they were traitors, forgers, insurrectionists, and attempted to disenfranchise every man, woman, and child in the state. All the top R luminaries, scrambling and lawyering up and fending off reporters…for 3.5 years. Now THAT has an effect and hurts the people that need hurting.

ETA: Including Ron Johnson who was playing courier for these fuggs and schlepping the fraudulent elector certs into the U.S. Capitol.

50 Likes

Whoopsie daisy.

This dude can’t jail. He’ll crack.

28 Likes

Iirc, Roman is the one who stalled the Georgia case, making a big deal about Fanni Willis hiring a boyfriend. Good to see him get indicted again.

68 Likes

Gosh, it seems like it was just months ago that the Chese was taking Josh’s calls and giving him all kinds of scoops. I guess maybe he finally figures he’s in some hot water.

H/T as always to @joshkovensky for his excellent reporting.

60 Likes

So the forged electors are being charged in
Georgia
Arizona
Michigan
Wisconsin

I think I heard that Pennsylvania and Nevada law don’t have statutes that allow for prosecution. What states are left to prosecute? Everyone sure has taken their sweet time for something that’s black and white and documented.

34 Likes

Toasted cheese for breakfast. How delicious.

12 Likes

Lock. Them. Up.
And get Chesebro a perch cuz he’ll be singing soon.
This rat has a song & dance for the prosecutors.

14 Likes

My understanding is that the Pennsylvania fake electors, and perhaps those in Nevada too, were smart enough to include a clause that their electoral certificates would be valid only if the prior vote count in favor of Biden in their states was overturned. In the other states where fake electors have been indicted, those certificates falsely stated that they were the true certificates from the states.

I can’t speak to whether there were any forged Secretary of State signatures for Nevada and Pennsylvania.

36 Likes

Excellent! Wouldn’t this be fantastic if they plead out before the election?

3 Likes

Kenneth Cheseboro had pleaded guilty in the GA case. I had thought that he would be cooperating in other cases.

17 Likes

It’s possible he is cooperating already on this, but still needs to be indicted.

26 Likes

Another 3 fucked by Trump’s reverse Midas touch. Rack up 3 more careers ended and lives shut down. And guess who doesn’t give a shit? Folks say it’s a cult and they must be right. These guys are attorneys and they thought this a working plan. Something that could be pulled off clean? That’s the mind rot of a cult.

40 Likes

Also possible that he’s been “cooperating” as so many trumpists do. Usually to their detriment, because they think they’re smart.

12 Likes

He can Co-op all he wants. The man’s totally screwed. He’s had his mug shot taken more than Al Capone. What attorney survives this?

9 Likes

Will crack? Too late. This is the look of the Captain when the Titanic was sinking.

7 Likes