22-Year Old Who Successfully Impersonated Lesser Trumps Charged With Fraud | Talking Points Memo

A 22-year old Pennsylvania man raked in thousands of dollars by impersonating various members of the Trump family, Manhattan federal prosecutors said on Tuesday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1376790

With those grifting skills, he should be a “major T****”.

“Lesser T****'s”, LOL

27 Likes

He was doing what the Trumps do – defrauding the rubes – but his name was wrong; got it.

34 Likes

Not sure I’m tracking the crime… The trumps have been pretending to be rich and smart for eons…

31 Likes

Maybe he could get DJT to testify at his trial as a character witness, they are two peas in a pod, except one is dry and withered.

7 Likes

Trump U - Grifting 101

13 Likes

What the hell is a “lesser trump”?

14 Likes

And it didn’t take 6 years of investigations to charge!

6 Likes

LOL…fucking idiot.

4 Likes

Whether those impersonated were “lesser” Trumps or “greater” Trumps (I laugh, I laugh), or “regular” Trumps, all of them were frauds too. So a fraudster imitates other fraudsters? WTF??

9 Likes

This is stupid. So the guy creates a few twitter accounts and a GoFundMe and because people on the intertubes are rubes and idiots a few people sent him donations and this is some massive crime that needs to be punished? C’mon.

Way prosecutorial overreach here, maybe spend the time and resources chasing after the trumps, who actually committed massive fraud.

21 Likes

“Lesser Trumps” reminds me of the least weasels ( Mustela nivalis). They may be lessor but they are still weasels.

10 Likes

Meanwhile Ivanka has pocketed hundreds of millions from leveraging her position as a lesser Trump. Wouldn’t it be a better use of taxpayer resources to go after her and the anemic weasel she married?

26 Likes

LOL. OMG you just can’t make this shit up.

6 Likes

This kid is a thief—he’s already stole my heart.

7 Likes

Hall spoke to the New York Times about the accounts in December 2020 after former president Trump tweeted about an article that referenced the scheme he was running, apparently mistaking Hall’s version of Elizabeth Trump Grau for the real thing.

“Thank you Elizabeth,” Trump wrote. “LOVE!”

Well, one thing we can be certain of: Chiselin’ Trump was not duped into sending any money to the bogus accounts.

10 Likes

It’s how the Trumps spell “lessor.”

3 Likes

Any one of the non-obese Trumps.

6 Likes

TPM, this is silly, not news worthy, beneath your organization.

The New York Times reported that Hall had wanted to become a conservative talk-radio personality, and was trying to build his online brand to achieve that goal.

It sounds like he knew exactly how the game is played.

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available