21 GOP Reps Opposed Awarding Gold Medals To Capitol Police For Jan. 6 Bravery | Talking Points Memo

Stone said Bannon blackmailed Trump into a pardon, but hey, it’s Stone. If he said the sky was up I would go outside to check for myself.

5 Likes

Literally everything that ever happened or didn’t happen in the universe is a thing that “may or may not have happened.”

7 Likes

Off topic … there is sooo much TrumpDamage to be fixed.

When you’ve just spent four years with the foxes in full control of security arrangements, it shouldn’t be surprising if you come up a few hens short afterwards.

6 Likes

But Chip Roy is such a diehard fan of the men in blue!

5 Likes

Safe to say, we know now which Congressional districts contain the most haters. There’s no other reason these Reps would vote “NO”, but they have a constituency that demands their lawmakers represent hate at every juncture, or they WILL be primaried.by someone more hateful.
This tells us where our vacation money should NEVER be spent.

2 Likes

Then they go to work on their next shift and serve the people who shit on them.

1 Like

Emp-ty G comes close.

3 Likes

Someone should ask those 21 GQPers where they were on the day of the event. Where did they hide and who witnessed them hiding? And if it was nothing but tourists, in a building that was closed to tours during COVID, do they typically hide during tours?

4 Likes

Well at least Madison Cawthorne voted in favor of the congressional gold medal for the Capitol officers, unless he was daydreaming about the German Nazi era Knights Cross.

2 Likes

“I think it was a mob. I don’t think it was an insurrection.”

You know the difference between a mob and an insurrection? In an insurrection, the leader has the balls and the spine to stand up and admit he’s in charge, unlike president chickenshit.

4 Likes

Why should we give awards to police who were watching tourists stroll through the Capitol?

1 Like

21 “NAY” votes… disgusting

… but just a wild guess. … only about 7-8-9 of them truly deep down believe that the Capitol Police are not desering of honor and recognition.
The other 11-12-13 are the fetid amalgamation of cynical posturing and pandering and play-acting for the deranged totalatrian right-wing base that they have cultivated… and being absolutely terrified of displaying any sort of consideration for those that thwarted the insurrection- because their base will turn on them. These cowardly idiots are hooked on “Hate-Heroin” and they know that withdrawal will likely kill them.

The Insurrection Caucus.

2 Likes

It’s the worst of the worst of the worst of the Trump Cultists.

1 Like

What’s Meadows doing in the Senate dining room? He’s not a Senator. He’s just a stupid guy who used to be the Former Guy’s chief of staff.

3 Likes

“I think it was a mob, but I don’t think it was an insurrection,” Massie said, …months after the fact and he had gotten safely away.

1 Like

Nonsense, I’ve seen people point and scream all the time standing at the rim of the Grand Canyon.

Hasn’t Bannon got some Chinese billionaire for a sugar daddy now?

1 Like

Suggested edit …

2 Likes

Harris sounds like a real winner /s/ I was almost to read the list, given that my congress boy is Maddie Cawthorne. He must have been doing some other harm somewhere when this vote was taken. He has already said that what his priority in being in Congress was PR and Messaging, not legislation. He is a total waste of oxygen.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available