21 GOP Reps Opposed Awarding Gold Medals To Capitol Police For Jan. 6 Bravery | Talking Points Memo

And if they had succeeded, they would have been the lawful, the just, the non-criminal, the totalitarian.

8 Likes

And here are the Rethuglican cowards who voted no, PIGs all::
John Rose
Andy Harris
Thomas Massie
Bob Good
Louie Gohmert
Barry Moore
Ralph Norman
Matt Rosendale
Marjorie Taylor Greene
Chip Roy
Paul Gosar
Andy Biggs
Warren Davidson
Scott Perry
Matt Gaetz
Greg Steube
Andrew Clyde
Jody Hice
Mary Miller
Michael Cloud
Lauren Boebert

6 Likes

Best nickname I’ve read in a while.

8 Likes

Cowards maybe but perps for sure even if accessory after the fact and it’s pretty much a given that perps don’t like cops and for damned sure shouldn’t be involved in crime investigation either.

4 Likes

OK Rep Massie, how about if we call it treason? or sedition? or revolt? or rebellion? or anarchy? attempted murder? assault? conspiracy to overthrow the American Government?

Whatever you call it, it was a criminal riot, instigated by your precious dear leader and ex-president

And I hope you choke on all this, schmuck!

6 Likes

The dept didn’t act on it, and then after Biden took office, it was refused. Too bad for his lawyers…

8 Likes

“I told ‘em I was arrested for litterin’, and they all moved down the bench, until I said ‘and attempting to overthrow the government’, and they all moved back and we had a real seditious time there on the group W bench.”

15 Likes

I just care about the part where a federal judge directs a court official to read the charges under whichever statutes the prosecutors believe is provable. Anything else is just talk.

5 Likes

The people who police tax cheats are also different.

12 Likes

If there was, we still wouldn’t know about it. Not exactly the tweeting types, those guys.

4 Likes

“The black shades are so they cain’t see our eyeballs in the dark.”

4 Likes

… and who should not be in Congress.

11 Likes

So… did they?

6 Likes

That’s a big fat nope.

9 Likes

No, they sat on the request and then the new DOJ refused it.

Maybe Bannon will sue Barr personally? Like Sondland sued Pompeo? :laughing:

9 Likes

21 hijackers on 9/11.
21 hijackers of American democracy.

Only the latter will keep on trying to kill. The former only had one time.

4 Likes

Excellent! Now I can glory in the schadenfreude instead of explode in impotent rage.

6 Likes

Of course those 21 members of the GQP don’t want to honor the police that worked to save them. They felt they weren’t in danger. They were praying that those insurrections were able to complete the job. They not only wanted the certification stopped, they wanted to see their Dem colleagues put in danger, and Trump put back in office. They were, and still are, on the side of the insurrections.

5 Likes

I’m not so sure. Some of them may claim that, but one guy who did was photographed at the time yelling and pointing at a chamber door that police were trying to barricade with guns drawn. I don’t think he was yelling words of welcome. He looked scared out of his wits to me.

2 Likes

Of course not. Nothing in it for Trump. At least Bannon got his pardon though, probably only because that helped Trump avoid criminal charges as well.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available