2020 Dems Pile On Bloomberg | Talking Points Memo

O that was the Indy 500? O good grief - I actually feel like it was a very poor attempt to once again plagiarize Michelle Obama, who wore belts often and to great advantage. But how dumb is that if your audience is the Indy 500 audience?

6 Likes

" Looks like your holding some dried green stuff boy."
“That’s money.”
“Well now, it might and it might not be. Looks like marijuana to me, I’ll have to confiscate this.”

11 Likes

It’s becoming clearer every hour that the question for Democrats is whether or not Bloomberg would be the strongest candidate against Trump. A few months ago, a lot of people were saying that we couldn’t make Trump the only issue. But especially since the impeachment, he IS the only issue. So Bloomberg could be the worst of the Democrats, but if he is the best candidate against Trump, then he’s the one.

26 Likes

checking back - it was the Daytona - is that the same thing?

NOT a NASCAR fan, if you haven’t figured that out already.

6 Likes

More please.

32 Likes

hahahahaha O - there is a difference?

I’m sorry this is one thing I will never understand no matter where the race is - it can be on a race course in Italy or Podunk, Texas - I don’t understand the attraction of watching cars go around in an oval making ear splitting noise and pollution. hahaha Anyway to me they are all the same so…

17 Likes

The candidates’ internal polling apparently isn’t looking too good. For any of them.

@tena

Exactly. It’s not like it’s the Palio.

9 Likes

Her fashion sense is right where he is.

Ugh.

6 Likes

What? You dont see the bragging rights inherent in driving around in a circle with no destination and getting nowhere faster than someone else?

14 Likes

Eric Garner chokeholds for billionaires? Sure.

1 Like

No. His taste is even worse.

5 Likes

Its dictator chic…the only reason they dont wear our skins is because they need our labor.

7 Likes

They’re dressing her to appeal to his base. She can’t even make it look good.

Blech.

9 Likes

Daytona, not Indianapolis. For some reason NASCAR has it’s crowing event at the beginning of the season. The audience in Indianapolis is marginally, no that’s not fair, measurably better equipped to recognize pandering when they see it.

5 Likes

Good grief :man_facepalming: stop giving the republicans fuel for their gaslights.

1 Like

Get off her hair.

Won’t matter, as you well know. Max Boot, yuck, was bemoaning the lack of marching in the streets. As if Trump, Barr, and McConnell would care about people marching? They’d love it! Energize their base by locking everyone up and having the cops stand around in their military gear.

5 Likes

If normal person has $500 in the bank and spend $2.75 on a subway ride they’ve spent more of their wealth than Bloomberg has by spending 350,000,000 of his 64 Billion to buy the presidency. It astonishes me how many Dems have no problem, and even seem to welcome being ruled over by oligarchs.

11 Likes

You are right about the difference in the audiences.

4 Likes

And can I just say I love me some TPM but they seem to be missing some forest for the trees lately. That letter should be an article here but it is missed for horse race stuff instead. Pull back, TPM…you’re getting caught in the trap. Maintain your high standards for perspective. Dont succumb.

8 Likes