18 People Indicted In Arizona Fake Electors Scheme

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo. Sign up for the email version.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1487156
1 Like

How stupid do you have to be to forge a document, tweet your forgery, and then send the document to the National Archives?

Stupid Party, indeed.

43 Likes

Here’s a picture of a cat. I call him “6”.

52 Likes

Powerful.

22 Likes

Trying to get in a couple plugs?

33 Likes

Because the political press prefers Trump to Biden.

82 Likes

Can we stop calling them “fake electors?” This was fraud, call them fraudulent electors. While we may not like “fake” things, we’ll often settle for “fake.” House brand “Corn Flakes” are not actually Corn Flakes™, they’re a fake in that sense. It’s not fraud though. They are not sold as actual Corn Flakes™. These people tried to perpetrate election fraud. They were a fraudulent set of counterfeit electors designed to steal an election.

68 Likes

Today is one of those days when I keep five TPM tabs open.

54 Likes

TPM, ya coulda come up with a better image for Morning Memo
I feel like I should dip my laptop & phone in bleach after seeing a muscle bound trump on a flag.
ICK!!

19 Likes

TPM’s coverage of the SCOTUS and of Merchan’s court has been excellent!

41 Likes

As a child I watched the smoke from the KSU ROTC building rise above the tree line. I’m a KSU alumni. I walked by the May 4th memorial almost every day. The idea of calling in the National Guard to a college campus fills me with dread. What insanity.

67 Likes

This is my effort to rehabilitate the color orange.

56 Likes

Indicted for felonies. Yeah, it’s serious, not just frivolously fake.

32 Likes

I am sure there is a story out there that Trump is sleeping through his trial…

and how that is bad for Biden.

19 Likes

Why wasn’t Trump indicted as well?

14 Likes

Kelli Ward , former chair of the Arizona Republican Party and Trump fake elector

I don’t think I read here what she and her husband are doing now. She quit her medical practice, and she and her husband bought a yacht. They’re now running a charter boat business out of the Bahamas.

Ward — who now runs a charter boat business in the Bahamas and could not be reached for comment — was about as subtle as a sledgehammer.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/op-ed/laurieroberts/2023/10/27/arizona-election-interference-attorney-general-investigation/71345474007/

25 Likes

and get nothing else done! :rofl:

26 Likes

No. They were, in fact, fake electors. Branding, man.

16 Likes

A million bites per second sounds pretty awful; I gotta believe there’d be some scratching as well.

9 Likes

Well, here’s my own Cool Cat. I call him “Bob”.

46 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available