Supreme Court Drags Feet So Long That South Carolina Will Hold 2024 Elections Under Gerrymandered Map

The Supreme Court’s over five months of inaction on a South Carolina redistricting case has forced a lower court to order that the state’s 2024 elections be conducted with a map that includes a district it found to be racially gerrymandered.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1484652

Same as it ever was.

13 Likes

As planned…delaying judicial remedies to allow Republicans to win elections in illegal districts has become a cottage industry for them.

24 Likes

And they consider this “News”, it should be labeled “Sames”

12 Likes

Isn’t it great that a person such as myself, without any background in election law or understanding of legalize, can predict the actions (or inactions) of our supremely corrupted court with unerring accuracy.

I love living in a post-racial society where justice is blind. Gawd bless the USA!

16 Likes

The judiciary has crossed over into banana republic territory.

17 Likes

And SOMEHOW we are supposed to believe that this wasn’t deliberate. C’mon John Roberts. Lecture us AGAIN about the Court…

20 Likes

This is my shocked face.

Oh, you can’t see it? Neither can I.

7 Likes

I’m not shocked. You’re shocked…

2 Likes

Justice delayed is justice denied.

10 Likes

Shocked but not surprised.

2 Likes

When someone asks me how it is that the GQP could actually take over the nation, this is one very good indication of how they might do it.

With the judiciary owned just enough that things like this are not only happening but accepted, I can see where we may have serious issues, come 2025 and beyond.

What else might they drag their feet on just enough that something else might happen that we aren’t expecting?

12 Likes

What do you expect from the heart of the confederacy.

These are basically the same clowns that fired on Ft. Sumter and started the Civil War.

6 Likes

Sure a tell about the Supreme Court.

4 Likes

The Supreme Court aims to take the country back to the days of Jim Crow. Bunch of racist cowards.

6 Likes

Justice denied is justice, “Ah go fuck yourself. We decide what’s justice and what’s not justice” said the most foul, contemptible corrupt group of motherfuckers since the fucking Inquisition.

4 Likes

Yeah, but Biden’s old. So hard to decide!

4 Likes

Mission accomplished

7 Likes

Of course they did. They are GOP Operatives masquerading as Supreme Court Justices. Oh, and they hate Black people

1 Like

…is standing operating procedure.

Something about calling balls and strikes, right, Justice Roberts? And what about when the ump just refuses to make the call until the visiting team has to get back on the plane to fly home?

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available