Discussion: Zinke: Taking Down Confederate Statues Will Upset ‘Native Indians’

Let’s have a statue of King George III to keep an historical icon of the guy to precipitated the Revolutionary War. Let’s make sure to memorialize him with tax dollars and public space. It would be a slippery slope not to always remember the despot who taxed without representation. Make the taxpayers foot the bill for the upkeep too. In fact, let’s make sure this statue is erected in an open-minded, liberal state like, say, South Carolina.

2 Likes

Hurrumph!

I’m pretty sure “Native Indians” are already pissed about that stuff.

1 Like

Confederate statues were erected to make the ignoble history of slavery seem like a noble cause. They reinforced the idea of white supremacy. Their purpose was to obscure history.

5 Likes

And Texas for sure would like a Lee Harvey Oswald

4 Likes

Just imagine what a “teaching” statue of trump look like…how do you carve a smoldering ruin of our country?

3 Likes

Eh, there’s plenty of statuary stupidity to go around, already – there’s an equestrian Joe Hooker, of all idiots, dis-gracing the ground of the State House in Boston, for goodness’ sake. Ouch. Then again, he would have been Trump’s kind of general.

1 Like

Why, I do not see the issue that people have here, because of course such a counter intuitive idea would receive a careful vetting of fact.

Surely, Zinke did a comprehensive poll of and found this to be an incredibly vital issue of which there was much gnashing of teeth by those declaring themselves as “native Indians”.

I hope he did pay attention to sample size though.

No road low enough for the Modern Dixie-GOP Party. The Native Indians believe the Enemy of My Enemy is my Friend, that is why it is OK to desecrate the Native Indians’ sacred land with oil pipelines, but we cannot take down monuments built on Federal Lands in the 1900s as part of a documented effort to show the Black People in the South who is the boss.

2 Likes

Adult day care for this fucking moron as well.

NSFW
On Stone Mountain, how about Grant sitting on a “throne” carved above the traitors now on the cliff side? Just to lend balance.

2 Likes

So is that what the Klan are calling themselves now?

1 Like

The majority of native American warriors sided with the British in both the Revolutionary War and the War of 1812. Why do you care what they think?

Oh, c’mon, none of that pseudo-science hooey. He just uses straight-up gut-feeling fabrication out of thin air.

MUCH more effective.

1 Like

Racist attitudes and religious bigotry change only at a glacial pace. Every step in the right direction is good. The fact that white christian racist bigots and effing morons are having to come up with dumb reasons and stupid acronyms is progress.

3 Likes

In other Zinke assholery, he apparently made the folks at the Stonewall Inn National Monument move the flagpole so that the rainbow flag wouldn’t fly on federal land.

6 Likes

Umm, nice try Zinke, but no.

Who turned up the derp overnight? There is more crazy stupid this morning than I can keep up with.

9 Likes

First and foremost, we need a monument to King George III. What could be more important for our collective history than remembering and honoring the very founding of the nation?

6 Likes

Do you supposed he’s trying to get into the IQ snot-fest with the president and Tillerson?

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available