Discussion: Zinke: Taking Down Confederate Statues Will Upset ‘Native Indians’

1 Like

"But when you try to erase history, what happens is you also erase how it happened and why it happened and the ability to learn from it,” Zinke said.

Books? Could we try books? Personally I can't recall the last time I felt like learning about some aspect of U.S. history I trekked to a monument in the middle of Nowhere, South Dakota.
60 Likes

This rapacious idiot is from Montana!
Common clay of the West, indeed.
How big a dufus does he have to be to have never heard the term “Native Americans”.
Why, when I was in the Delhi picking up a sandwich for lunch the Indians were buzzing about the monuments. And of course baseball, too.

27 Likes

I admit, this culture change is making things awkward all over the place. I have always wondered, long before the current turmoil if this school would be renamed. I did not realize they would do it so badly.

13 Likes

Zinke: The Blacks are still upset that they are no longer slaves of The Whites.

7 Likes

Zinke; Are you tying to corner the market on dumbfuckery?
Win the award for the stupidest fuck of the week?
There is currently a lot of competition for that prize, but you’re definitely in the running

24 Likes

Zinke doesn’t seem to know the difference between telling history versus creating a mythos.

19 Likes

You’ve got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the New West. You know…morons.

31 Likes

Well, I think we should certainly put up a monument to Tim McVeigh. He’s history. And a few Viet Cong statues would be nice, too. So we won’t forget.

40 Likes

This exposes just how stupid and out of step this comment is. Guess the Native Indians would be happy to see a stature of President A. Jackson. Confederate statues celebrate the institution of slavery and those traitors who fought to preserve it

11 Likes

Yep- proof Orange Julius only hires people dumber than he- a very, VERY low bar!

Does this guy have a valet to tie his shoes and tuck in his bib?

14 Likes

So you want history with your statues? Here’s my compromise: put a giant billboard next to each statue with the date it was erected, and the names of the groups who made it happen. The Klan will have so much publicity they won’t know what hit them.

22 Likes

Forget books! These people don’t read- they get their news from the horse’s ass- the Fox News fact-free echo chamber.

5 Likes

Let’s put Sherman and Grant statues south of the Mason-Dixon!

22 Likes

Yes, let’s learn from our history. Except when it comes to black NFL players kneeling during the National Anthem. Then, there is only one way to behave.

15 Likes

Zinke’s faux concern for learning is hilarious! Logic fail!!

11 Likes

Native Indian? Either he was reaching for “native American,” which he rejected because he doesn’t recognize the claims of first inhabitants, or he was trying for “natives,” which he rejected because he doesn’t even want to think about Those People (people who look and talk funny and don’t know how to win).

9 Likes

Zinke’s throwing every argument at the wall and none of them is sticking.

10 Likes

Legacy of Excellence is a far better name for the school than its original naming after the treasonous white christian traitor Robert Lee.

4 Likes

Treason forever!

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available