Discussion: Zinke: Taking Down Confederate Statues Will Upset ‘Native Indians’

Oddly enough, the confederate statues don’t have signs on them saying that the people depicted committed treason, and that the statues were put up by people who wanted to enforce white supremacy. I guess that’s history we don’t need.

And guess what? If there are statues of Andrew Jackson along the Trail of Tears I would be OK with taking those down too.

21 Likes

Or he was speaking about people in New Delhi and Hyderabad.

4 Likes

Better yet: require that everywhere there is a statue to a Confederate hero, they put up a statue of Sherman/Grant/whoever wiped the floor with the Confederate general. Same size, same location. For balance.

30 Likes

Worse than that. These dumbfucks get their news from Facebook and Twitter. Our American freedom of speech has evolved into an entirely different version of reality. And it’s destroying us as a nation.

Yes, i am declaring Facebook and Twitter to be threats to our nation.

8 Likes

It’s not MIGA after all

1 Like

Moi, I go with stupid and ignorant.

@old_curmudgeon

1 Like

Chortle!

1 Like

godgodgodgodgod…I want to slap his smirking, lying piehole. Can these people GET any dumber? Or do they just think WE are?

2 Likes

Agree, and the Sherman statue’s should have a perpetual flame, just for emphasis…

11 Likes

That be some Pigman Limbaugh, Vulgar Fascist Pig level stupidity.
God save the Republic frim there criminals

1 Like

Yeah. Drumpfie might even support this – he hates losers. So an EO requiring this means more emphasis on WINNERS!!!

2 Likes

Then Ryan Zinke won’t have a problem when I erect statues honoring the guys who shot Ronald Reagan and Steve Scalise, right?

9 Likes

I think they should have moved off the stick completely. It, like two other schools in this area, had an attitude many years back that is now in the dustbin. In this case, the name was apt considering that attitude. I don’t think it represents the today for the school population.

The Secretary must’ve forgotten about the Dakota Access Pipeline already.
Native Americans are perfectly capable of deciding for themselves when to be upset.

7 Likes

Haven’t the poor “Native Indians” suffered enough in this country? And now, we’re going to take away their beloved statues of Confederate Generals. Oh, the humanity!

12 Likes

That is a bunch of BS.
Just like his boss, Zinke shows us all he knows how to tell lies for convenience.

3 Likes

Welcome to the Kakistocracy.

A Kakistocracy (English pronunciation: /kækɪsˈtɑkɹəsi/) is a system of government which is run by the worst, least qualified, or most unscrupulous citizens. The word was coined as early as the 17th century. It was also used by English author Thomas Love Peacock in 1829, but gained significant usage in the 21st century.

8 Likes

Shoes with laces? I’m betting loafers and other slip-ons only for Ryan.

1 Like

Zinke should be fired…now!

What a great idea! None of the three statue to Sherman in his home state of Ohio have a perpetual flame.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available