Discussion: Wife Of Man Killed In Triple Shooting: 'I Need An Answer From The Government'

Bars? That is ludicrous.

2 Likes

west coast high tech companies are already strategizing to relocate some operations to Vancouver, B.C.

All Republicans are celebrating this because itā€™s a two-ferā€”weā€™re getting rid of those awful brown people with funny names, and weā€™re getting rid of educated people who believe the earth is older than 10,000 years.

While itā€™s not as wonderfully murderous as shooting people, Republicans nonetheless also like the fact that weā€™re now pissing off Australian childrenā€™s book authors:

"Best-selling Australian author Mem Fox may never return to the United States after being detained by immigration officials at Los Angeles Airport, saying she has never been ā€œtreated with such disdainā€.ā€œ I felt like I had been physically assaulted which is why, when I got to my hotel room, I completely collapsed and sobbed like a baby. And Iā€™m 70 years old,ā€ she told the ABC.

Ms Fox has received an apology after lodging complaints with the Australian embassy in Washington and the United States embassy in Canberra. However she says she is unlikely to return to America after the experience earlier this month. Ms Fox said she was questioned over her visa, despite having travelled to America 116 times before without incident."

Republicans are undoubtedly disappointed that she wasnā€™t beaten half to death during her interrogation.

But wait, thereā€™s more good news from Republicans:

"US immigration authorities are barring entry to a 21-year-old Syrian cinematographer who worked on a harrowing film about his nationā€™s civil war that has been nominated for an Academy Award. According to internal Trump administration correspondence, the Department of Homeland Security has decided at the last minute to block Khaled Khateeb from travelling to Los Angeles for the Oscars.

But his plans have been up-ended after US officials reported finding ā€œderogatory informationā€ regarding Mr Khateeb. ā€œDerogatory informationā€ is a broad category that can include anything from terror connections to passport irregularities. Asked for comment, a spokeswoman for the Department of Homeland Security, Gillian Christensen, said: ā€œA valid travel document is required for travel to the United States.ā€

4 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

Jeeze, heā€™s 51 and looks 70.

I hope he lives to 100ā€¦ in prison.

2 Likes

President Obama would have cried tears with the family.

4 Likes

To me, heā€™s got hate written all over his face.

Itā€™s ludicrous and also the law in more states than Kansas. Arizona and I think Florida both allow guns in bars and our gov either got that passed here or is trying to.

I agree Obama would have cried with the families. He has true empathy.

5 Likes

I can only imagine the horror of having this happen to a loved one. Iā€™m not sure what I would do if it had been my wife killed by this lunatic. It probably wouldnā€™t be good.

1 Like

Unfortunately, Iā€™ll speculate that that may be the case if sheā€™s here based on her husbandā€™s work visa.

1 Like

Your friend is just as American as those assholes who voted in that man.

Considering the fact that Republicans hate everything in the Bill of Rights except the 2nd Amendment and are now passionate wavers of the Russian flag, Iā€™d say theyā€™re not American at all.

Republicans of 2016 = Confederate traitors of 1861

3 Likes

Mr Spicer, I heard your boss all thru the campaign and on into his term. I heard his own words when he wanted a Muslim registry of AMERICAN CITIZENS as if my fellow countrymen are to be mistrusted and hated based on their religion.
Mr Spicer here are your bosses own words proudly archived on HIS own website.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-releases/donald-j.-trump-statement-on-preventing-muslim-immigration

Deny it if you can.
I donā€™t believe it to be sarcasm or a one off misstatement. You boss hates certain kinds of people. In English ā€¦ that is what racism is, Sean.
Deny it if you can
When your boss says he is the least racist person in the history of mankind I hear a lie. When your boss says he is the least antisemitic person in the history of the world I hear a lie. Why? Many Jews are Semites but so are many Muslims. Hundreds of millions in fact.

Shame on you Sean Spicer and shame on your boss. Sean your boss lacks empathy. He is driven by one thing only. Making a buck. And now he is in way way way over his head. He should resign for the good of the country. And go and try to be a dad to his young son.
He should let that adults run the country. And I donā€™t mean Mike Pence.

6 Likes

Well, relax. Three weeks from now, after outcry and scrutiny, Trump will stand at some photo op and read, lukewarmly, with absolutely zero conviction, a statement written for him by one of his image handlers, saying this type of violence is totally unacceptable. The first draft of the written statement will have used the word ā€œdeplorable,ā€ but Bannon will have screamed at the poor schmuck who wrote the first draft.

2 Likes

Trump-related crimeā€¦

Spicer is a disgrace to the country.

Trump could not have been more clear about the people he considers a threat to this country. No president in my lifetime has ever spoken that way. Even Nixon, who was clearly an antisemite and racist, didnā€™t talk that way in public.

4 Likes

Looks like he is a meth user. A lot of them in Kansas.

2 Likes

Ah yes - before Bob Dylan won the Nobel Prize for Literature and polite people did not say the things outloud that are said now with such relish - back when there were still standardsā€¦

1 Like

Thatā€™s it. Iā€™ve been trying to figure it out because itā€™s not quite the look of a drunk.

You got it.

3 Likes

Many of them live on my street. :frowning:

We know she wonā€™t get an answer from the White House. But somehow she needs to hear from the rest of us. Iā€™ve been searching online and havenā€™t found any way to convey long-distance support.

4 Likes

The answer; We want your cell phone data.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available