Discussion: Wife Of Man Killed In Triple Shooting: 'I Need An Answer From The Government'

“‘I Need An Answer From The Government’”

"A Deafening Silence

Two Indian nationals were shot by a man yelling racial epithets. The president said nothing. That’s all we need to know about who matters in Trump’s America.
By Jamelle Bouie "

11 Likes

The only answer she will get from this administration is a notification of deportation order.

4 Likes

White House press secretary Sean Spicer said on Friday that it was “absurd” to suggest any connection between President Donald Trump’s rhetoric and the shooting.

Let’s see, Republicans claim there is a connection between movies, video games, heavy metal music, rap music and violence…but the President’s rhetoric? Nope.

11 Likes

My heart is breaking for this woman and her family. India is such a wonderfully deep, complex and ancient country, but most of its people have skin some shade of brown. I am at the same time outraged at the party in power and its patron, the NRA, who cannot even think about a link between their actions and philosophy of ‘guns everywhere’ as having consequences other than profitable ones for the gun manufacturers. This “lone wolf” murderer is like no different than the Colorado Springs murder at Planned Parenthood. Words can and do break bones, and hearts, and bodies.

6 Likes

Wife Of Man Killed In Kansas Shooting: ‘I Need An Answer From The Government’

Good luck with that. Every one of these incidents gives Trump more street crews with his deplorables base.

2 Likes

That is exactly how Trump supporters want others to think.

1 Like

THIS, I believe is where the rubber truly meets the road regarding multinational companies such as Garmin that create GPS maps that set up shop in America. If it gets to the point where a company can’t ensure the safety for its multi-cultural citizens because of the Rump regime, I don’t see how certain parts of this country will be able to attract them there.

In what will be coined eupahmistically, the badlands.

9 Likes

Thanks for saying this. I was trying to figure out how to articulate it.

After the Muslim ban, west coast high tech companies are already strategizing to relocate some operations to Vancouver, B.C. because they have already had staff effected and do not want to be caught flat footed.

6 Likes

should be street creds (how do I turn off this horrible system that seems to think it knows what I meant to say?)

1 Like

He allegedly shouted "get out of my country"

Ignorant racist asshole emboldened by the Trump rhetoric. A Deplorable whom Donnie has entitled. I just can’t stand this. And frankly, I don’t understand why there isn’t more being made about the rise in hate crimes since Trump started his nasty campaign to Make America White Again.

I hope these families are getting some help, legal and otherwise.

8 Likes

It makes me so ashamed that this president has nothing to say other than “It wasn’t my fault.”

All I can think of is how Obama would have handled this.

7 Likes

Any word from Kansas elected officials? That good Christian Brownback? Inspector Javert Kobach?

4 Likes

I’m now imagining a MAGA style hat with that on it… and I kinda want to own it.

Edit: this got me to go find the page to do it @tena

7 Likes

I think that she means that she needs the answer reiterated because this is why we have a Racist President and his organization to a T.

This poor woman probably can’t get her head around the fact that this is exactly what the POTUS wants and is behind, I know it’s very hard for me to comprehend, but this is the elected President’s worldview and if he wants to be re-elected, he’ll only escalate and drag the minions with him.

The answer is clear, her ability to accept and deal with it are the unfortunate problems.

1 Like

The “again” makes it. It’s great.

3 Likes

Can you blame him?

Distraught Indian father warns parents against sending children to U.S. after shooting

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-father-indian-engineer-kansas-20170225-story.html

5 Likes

Not one bit. I read that this morning and I would have said and done the same thing he is doing.

5 Likes

Spicer is such an assh*le. He didn’t even bother to say something weaselly about bad people misunderstanding the orange guy.

A lot of people in this administration will not be cleared for international travel once it’s over.

8 Likes

Somehow, I just can’t see racist hatred coming from this gentleman.

He looks like a typical well-bred Kansas Republican who attends Westboro Baptist with Kris Kobach every Sunday.

3 Likes

How awful. This has to stop. Your friend is just as American as those assholes who voted in that man.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available