Discussion: White Nationalist Leader Selected As One Of Trump’s California Delegates

I would sort of take issue with that, not really disagree.

As extreme as the Rethugs have been and will be, having an openly White Nationalist attached to a presidential campaign in an official capacity is really crossing the Rubicon. The fact that said White Nationalist now believes that Rump has opened the door to some kind of mainstreaming of this vicious stupidity is all the more outrageous.

5 Likes

“I just hope to show how I can be mainstream and have these views.”

"[T]he White community is so entitled because for the time being, it is the advanced race.” – National Review editorial (1957).

“In the Deep South the Negroes are, by comparison with the Whites, retarded…Leadership in the South, then quite properly rests in White hands.” – National Review editorial (1960).

“Dr. Martin Luther King and his associates have been deliberately undermining the foundations of internal order in this country [w]ith their rabble-rousing demagoguery.” – National Review editorial (1965).

The “mainstream” GOP is built on 60 years of out-in-the-open racism.

Trump is just its natural evolutionary product.

27 Likes

Did anyone catch this PPP poll where Donald Trump was shown to be far less favorable in the US than head lice? I’m surprised it isn’t getting more attention.

6 Likes

It’s getting weirder and weirder. A Trump voter knows EXACTLY what he wants.

7 Likes

Oh, NO, there’s NO difference between the two parties!! Let the “revolution” begin … right, Susan Sarandon?

17 Likes

“I can be a white nationalist and be a strong supporter of Donald Trump and be a good example to everybody.”

Indeed you are.

12 Likes

As I said before, this really appears to the American version of the UKIP. But it’s kinda understandable that Europeans would have political parties like that because they share borders with other countries. There was always bound to be some animus among some group that felt they were getting shafted by another nation.

In our case, it’s just anyone who isn’t White. Period.

6 Likes

Beat me to it.

2 Likes

I don’t think I heard her go as far as saying no party differences…Just watch “Atlantic City” with her and Lancaster: A great film. Forget politics.

1 Like

If this is Trump pivoting to the center, the Overton Window has been flung rightward about 4,200 miles and now lies impaled on a dead pine tree in Bavaria, every pane gone.

7 Likes

Rep. Chris Stewart (R-Utah) a month ago :

"Donald Trump does not represent Republican ideals; he is our Mussolini. Donald Trump's approach is, 'I am just going to do it.'"

Rep. Chris Stwart (R-Utah) today:

"While Mr. Trump wasn't my first choice, we must move forward and unite to defeat Hillary Clinton."

Hey, a little fascism between friends never hurt anyone.

13 Likes

TPM:

“I just hope to show how I can be mainstream and have these views,” Johnson told Mother Jones. “I can be a white nationalist and be a strong supporter of Donald Trump and be a good example to everybody.”

And then Johnson sang The Horst Wessel Lied while his left arm struggled to keep his right arm down à la Dr. Strangelove

4 Likes

Actually, though I find these people repugnant, I am glad they are coming out into the open – and that the Republican Party is finally OPENLY welcoming them. From a standpoint of honesty, even transparency, I’m happy to have them there to make the choices even clearer (some people seem to need that to goad them into making a more informed decision).

4 Likes

And “support the nominee,” many GOPers say…

5 Likes

One of my favorite movies because Burt Lancaster was in it. She was a virtual unknown. He looked great in that movie and he was old. He was one of the hottest men in Hollywood and way ahead of his time. A real democrat and a progressive.

4 Likes

Oh, NO, there’s NO difference between the two parties!! Let the “revolution” begin … right, Susan Sarandon?

But…but…but… Hillary’s a corporatist neoliberal who yells too loud, so it all balances out!

11 Likes

Bingo. Box cars!

2 Likes

I wasn’t aware they had to be approved by the campaign.

Damn interns!

You’re right and I shouldn’t have put those two thoughts in the same paragraph. No, to my knowledge, Susan Sarandon did not say there isn’t any difference between the two parties. She did, however, say that a Trump presidency might be better than electing Hillary Clinton because it would “start the revolution.” I’m not arguing about her acting abilities–I’m actually a fan of hers, she a great actress–but her “revolution” comment was bordering on unforgivable. She is an adult, a supposed liberal, progressive – and if she can’t bring herself to support and/or vote for the Democratic nominee, over Trump, no doubt, she’s just as stupid as the majority of the Republican evangelical nutbags.

5 Likes

“I can be a white nationalist and be a strong supporter of Donald Trump and be a good example to everybody.”

That quote is dizzying.

9 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available