Discussion: White House Hits Back At Giuliani

Discussion for article #233448

Rudy is just brain dead and refuses to look at reality.
How conveniently Rudy forgets our people flying over Iraq and Syria, all the support people that it takes to put them in the air, the elimination of bin Laden and Zarqawi, and all the other things we’ve done against terrorism. I guess Rudy needs a head on a plate delivered to him on a daily basis.

17 Likes

Well, you know what they say about wrestling with pigs…

16 Likes

Or getting into a pissing match with a skunk.

17 Likes

So when Reagan was negotiating with and selling arms with terrorists to get hostages released, then illegally arming death squads with the ill-gotten gains, that translates into “loving America”…?

Weird.

56 Likes

The correct response is “Rudy Who?”

20 Likes

Rue-D, Rue-D, Rue-D…

4 Likes

it’s hard to think of someone whom giant media companies consider an “important person” who is less worthy of attention than Rudy G. A racist, sexist, religionist, war-lover with a swollen ego, bad hair, and poor judgment.

30 Likes

Emphasis on “rue.”

1 Like

Rudolph Giuliani will not trust a black man who he cannot stop and frisk. That’s the problem.

42 Likes

So now he’s a liar and a coward…

5 Likes

King Lear: The Plot

The play opens with King Lear, the elderly king of Britain, deciding to effectively retire and divide his kingdom evenly between his three daughters: Regan, Goneril and Cordelia. Before dividing his kingdom, Lear asks for each of his daughters to demonstrate the extent of their love for him. Regan and Goneril, Lear’s oldest daughters, both offer over-the-top assertions of their love for their father, much to his delight. Lear’s youngest and more beloved daughter Cordelia, however, remains silent and explains that she could never put the extent of her love for her father into words. Cordelia’s refusal to vocalize her love for her father sends the king into a fit of rage and he exiles her from his kingdom. Cordelia quickly accepts an offer of marriage from the king of France and leaves.

Regan and Goneril soon betray their father and take away all of his remaining political power. The betrayal of his oldest daughters drives Lear to insanity and he flees from his kingdom. Lear wanders the countryside during a violent thunderstorm with his Fool and Kent, who is a disguised nobleman and remains loyal to Lear, in his company. While wandering the countryside during the storm, Lear comes to realize not only the tremendous power of nature, but also his insignificance - and the insignificance of all people regardless of their positions in life - in comparison to it. Stripped of his political power and wealth and left homeless, insane and wandering, Lear also comes to truly recognize and sympathize with the plights of the poor and homeless throughout his kingdom and recognize the tremendous social and economic disparity that exists throughout his kingdom.

Cordelia eventually leads a French army to Britain in order to rescue her father and restore him to power. The British army, however, quickly subdues the French forces. Cordelia and Lear are imprisoned by the British, though the two are able to reconnect, and Lear comes to realize the true extent of Cordelia’s love for him. The play concludes on a number of tragic notes: numerous characters meet unfortunate ends, Goneril poisons Regan and then commits suicide, Cordelia is executed and Lear dies from grief after realizing the daughter who truly loves him is dead.

12 Likes

Are we talking about the presidential campaign where Rudy got a total of 12 votes, or another one I never heard of?

9 Likes

The proceeds of his grifting must be shrinking. Pull out all the stops and pick the pockets of the hate addicted Republican base, Rudy.

7 Likes

This Rudy… was he a mayor of a town or something… I went to school with a Rudy and he played with Tonka trucks and built fake cities in his backyard well through his high school days. Same guy?

4 Likes

F^ckin’ dick.
Nothing else.

jw1

8 Likes

TPM:

“What I’m saying is that in his rhetoric, I very rarely hear him say the things that I used to hear Ronald Reagan say, the things I used to hear Bill Clinton say, about how much he loves America,” Giuliani said about Obama.

So what we’ve got here is Giuliani, a guy on his third marriage, complaining that President Obama, still only married the one time, doesn’t proclaim his love frequently enough - at least not as much as the divorced president or the one who cheated on his wife.

Methinks Giuliani, and the presidents he praises, mayhap doth proclaim their love too much.

19 Likes

Well if Rudy is not “hearing” the same things he heard from previous presidents then maybe he should stop listening to Faux News?

13 Likes

How you get a rude and a reckless?
Don’t you be so crude and a feckless
You been drinking brew for breakfast
Rudy can’t fail

2 Likes

So the President doesn’t love America because he doesn’t say the right things? That must mean the people down the road don’t really love God, because they don’t pray like you.
Is there some way we can get him committed ?

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available