Discussion: WH Challenges Hollywood To Condemn Depp's Assassination Comments

Spanx for Maniacs…just ask Kim Jong Slim.

2 Likes

Why does the WH source need to be unnamed to make such a non-controversial statement?

I second firewing2’s comment - Depp and Griffin are not helping.

2 Likes

Sees Google, types Obama…

nah…too early

1 Like

The only appropriate response is: go fuck yourself.

Since Melania is still alive, that’s not a death threat. (Although maybe she hasn’t done it lately.)

1 Like

“President Trump has condemned violence in all forms…”

Except for launching 59 cruise missiles at Syria.
And vowing to “bomb the hell out of” the Middle East.
And encouraging people to beat up protesters and the press.
And talking up “Second Amendment solutions”.
And musing about withdrawing Secret Service protection from Secretary Clinton, to “see what happens”.
And radio silence about shooting-range targets with President Obama’s face on them.

So Trump and his sycophants are shameless hypocrites and liars.

But that being said, Depp was unequivocally wrong.
We all can and should condemn what he said as unacceptable.
Easy. Done. Next.

Let’s get this distraction off the table as quickly as possible.
We have far more important things to defend.
Like life-saving healthcare to children, the disabled, and the elderly.

13 Likes

who do you think made the statement?

agree up to a point. However, ‘citizen 45’ saw Nugent’s remarks as a 1st amendment right.

5 Likes

Exactly.

4 Likes

Awwww…That’s one tough and ready squirrel!

1 Like

Oh for fucks sakes, the wingers can really be special snowflakes, can’t they?

They always cry “free speech” when one of their own says something racist or stupid.
Yet when something is directed at them, these same gun loving macho folks that act all tough get really pissy, whiny and start demanding apologies and talking about boycotts and getting people fired.

Why don’t these PC haters just suck it up and ignore it as they advise others???

8 Likes

On a lark, I Googled Depp and Trump’s filmographies.
Depp’s credits are endless.
Trump, however, pops up with five films not including the cameo in one of the Home Alone movies.
1-The Little Rascals
2-Across the Sea of Time (about a Russian boy)
3-54
4-Horroween
5-You’ve Been Trumped (Scottish Home Owner Revenge Movie)

54, which I remember bombing, has a very interesting gay back story and 40 minutes clipped from the original release…

3 Likes

“President Trump has condemned violence in all forms and it’s sad that others like Johnny Depp have not followed his lead,” an unnamed White House official told Variety in a statement Friday.

f-- it

case in point

just getting started…

3 Likes

:joy:

that’s priceless!

3 Likes

What! You mean trump can’t take a joke

from March, 2016

“These are people that punch. People that are violent people,” Trump said. “The particular one where I said ‘I’d like to bang him,’ that was a very vicious – a guy who was swinging, very loud, and then started swinging at the audience.”

He continued: “You know what? The audience swung back. And I thought it was very, very appropriate. He was swinging. He was hitting people. And the audience hit back. And that’s what we need a little bit more of.”

4 Likes

President Trump has condemned violence in all forms

ALL forms of violence Traitor Trump?

Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Bush: Whatever you want.

Trump: Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.

4 Likes

@tena

it’s rather strange that ‘1600’ want folks to believe that Trump’s version of ‘the feel good hit of the summer’ tour didn’t happen.

4 Likes

“President Trump has condemned violence in all forms"

Liar.

5 Likes

I agree it’s strange. It’s a strange development.

Ok peace out guys - I have an appointment. Back later.

2 Likes

(Notice also Brooke the moron’s “Oh boy oh boy boys are boys” reaction. They are complicit).

3 Likes

Nugent pulled the same shit in his comment the other day.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available