Discussion: WH Challenges Hollywood To Condemn Depp's Assassination Comments

OK. And I challenge all the people who voted for Trump and who work for Trump - including his family, Cabinet, advisers and aides - to condemn each and every one of Trumpā€™s lies that heā€™s told since the beginning of the campaign. One lie at a time and then give the true fact. I realize that will take quite some time. Iā€™ll wait.

11 Likes

Turnabout is fair play. I remember when the Obama White House demanded that the recording industry condemn Ted Nugentā€™s comments that were in a similar vein.

Oh, wait. That never happened.

I keep forgetting that fauxtrage only works in one direction.

19 Likes

Why? He was in Glastonbury, not Hollywood; he doesnā€™t live in the US anymore for the most part.

And sure - give him the publicity. He needs the money for his bitter divorce.

6 Likes
White House spokesman: "I hope that some of Mr. Deppā€™s colleagues will speak out against this type of rhetoric as strongly as they would if his comments were directed to a Democrat elected official."

Again with the use of Democrat as an adjective? Grow up already.

14 Likes

Ughā€¦ Iā€™m torn between rolling my eyes at the idiotic false-equivalency of comparing comments of an actor versus the ludicrous statements of a President (to say nothing of comments directed at President Obama, and free speech in general); and being pissed off at people like Depp and Griffin for giving the GOP a new shiny distraction toy to splash all over FOX News and distract from the actual harmful bullshit going down in the Senate.

Hey, liberal celebsā€¦ maybe donā€™t say the stupid shit we all got pissed off at rednecks for shouting about the former President? And stop giving those same hillbilly fuckers a convenient excuse to feel vicitimized over, when we want them to watch their own party screwing them?

12 Likes

Agreed that Mr. Deppā€™s humor is a bit perverted, but it pales in comparison to Trumpā€™s alleged sense of humor.

5 Likes

ā€œPresident Trump has condemned violence in all forms and itā€™s sad that others like Johnny Depp have not followed his lead,ā€ an unnamed White House official told Variety in a statement Friday.

Hahahahaā€¦sheeshā€¦canā€™t stop laughingā€¦

7 Likes

Doesnā€™t an ā€œunnamed White Houseā€ source have anything better to do than make demands of ā€œHollywoodā€?

2 Likes

So who gets to apologize for Ted Nugent? The recording industry?

4 Likes

President Trump has condemned violence in all forms

He has a well-known reputation for Ghandi-like conduct.

It goes along with his sterling business reputation, unassailable honesty and his penchant for always paying his bills.

8 Likes

You canā€™t take anyone seriously who plays a silly character for living and says even sillier things when heā€™s off-script, just running around in the world. You canā€™t take Johnny Depp seriously either.

9 Likes

Hereā€™s a crisis Trump can get his plates and veneers intoā€¦

3 Likes

More distraction. Nothing but distraction.

Canā€™t wait to see this make the front pages so that this can be the focus of attention, rather than what is actually going on.

2 Likes

I once challenged the GOP at federal and state levels to condemn every word about the 5 Year Obama Birth Certificate Canard fostered by Tramp and never heard back from a single one of them. I still waitā€¦

2 Likes

Still waiting for drump to apologize for.

17 Likes

President Trump has condemned violence in all forms

what?? didnā€™t he offer to pay the legal fees of anyone who beat the fuck out of a protester??

4 Likes

Typo? Maybe ā€˜unarmed White House sourceā€™ or ā€˜unloved White House sourceā€™ or ā€˜unsound White House sourceā€™ or ā€˜unkempt White House sourceā€™ would sound more on point?

2 Likes

8 Likes

doesnā€™t he look about 30 lb. lighter in that photo than currently?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available