Discussion: WH Challenges Hollywood To Condemn Depp's Assassination Comments

Joe Walsh or Steve King?

1 Like

Hereā€™s the deal. Lots of people say really stupid things on a daily basis. Some of these people are famous or famous for being famous, but they are still stupid. Yet, they are given notoriety. What I want to know is: Why are all the rest of the stupid people being ignored?

LibertƩ, EgalitƩ, FrateritƩ, StupiditƩ!

Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons.

4 Likes

Remember this?

WILMINGTON, N.C. ā€” Donald J. Trump on Tuesday appeared to raise the possibility that gun rights supporters could take matters into their own hands if Hillary Clinton is elected president and appoints judges who favor stricter gun control measures.

Fuck them.

7 Likes

The GOP decided to do that when Reagan was presidentā€”they consider it insulting and demeaning.

But all they know how to do is to be insulting and demeaning, because they lack anything resembling integrity, ethics, or morals.

As far as I am concerned, every media person, print or broadcast, should immediately correct their grammar and ask why they feel it necessary to use 4th-grade playground insults.

1 Like

How much time do you have?

6 Likes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/09/16/trump-clintons-bodyguards-should-disarm-immediately-and-see-what-happens-to-her/?tid=a_inl

8 Likes

Heā€™s near bankruptcy, bitter divorce and his movies tank as soon as they open. Fodder for a CNN round table however.

3 Likes

If you didnā€™t like what Ted Nugent said then you shouldnā€™t like what Johnny Depp said, either. This whataboutism is getting really old.

One thing we do know is that the Republican base feeds off of aggrievement. And when they get aggrieved they go out an vote. Even if you are ok with celebrities talking about assassination days after a shooting, do keep in mind that it doesnā€™t help the cause.

5 Likes

Gandhi who spoke of peace was assassinated in the end. His assassin was executed and Iā€™m pretty sure the Mahatma wouldnā€™t have approved.

4 Likes

A super-calloused fragile mystic, hexed by halitosis.

12 Likes

agreed.

show me where he has condemned ANY violence without prompting from outside of his head, he has promoted violence as far as I am concerned

the ā€œunnamed sourceā€ is kind of funny too, since all that has been ā€œleakedā€ against tRUmp is from unnamed sources, and there has been incessant complaining about the legitimacy of the unnamed sources information, if the predisent feels this way, then why hide behind the unnamed source label?

A big olā€™ Friday thank you to you.

2 Likes

Yes. I agree up to a point in that we shouldnā€™t purposefully enrage another for sportā€¦ But Iā€™m not going to walk on eggshells around these bellicosely aggrieved ones. Iā€™m not a one-man Betty Ford Center for folks suffering from aggrievement addiction.

6 Likes

Hereā€™s the Al Baldasaro story from Think Progress.

7 Likes

Uh I donā€™t recall seeing him laugh
Ever
Coupled with the fact that if he has ever said anything remotely humorous it has escaped me

3 Likes

But he leers a lot, in compensation.

5 Likes

Is Depp really part of Hollywood anymore? It think he lives in the UK most of the time. He even at one time thought of giving up his citizenship. Depp is his own person he doesnā€™t speak for anyone, but himself.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think he is near bankruptcy at all. His last picture made a lot of dough.

It was Luntz developed and tested language that Newt introduced as a GOP language bible.

3 Likes

Agreed the pic made a lot of dough but it has a lot to do with it being a summer release where kids will come out for it, overseas sales, DVD promotion eventually, etcā€¦ Nevertheless heā€™s spending it faster than he earns it.

@lestatdelc @thunderclapnewman Limbaugh latched onto it years ago.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available