Discussion: Video Shows Wilson Didn't Brag About Funding FBI Building, As Kelly Claimed

That’s the spirit, Copenhagen had a lead grey sky,light drissle and now it rains for good. its 9PM local time.
Have a nice weekend.

1 Like

Josh linked to something along this line in his twitter feed.

I know what General Kelly said about Congresswoman Wilson and mostly it was wrong. If he was at the dedication he is lying about what he saw. If he wasn’t he is repeating lies from somebody who was present. I want proof he was actually at the dedication.

1 Like

Holy smokes!

I guess Kelly doesn’t care about the sacredness of honesty-- nor the responsibility to make sure you’re speaking the truth when you make a public accusation to denigrate another high-ranking public servant.

2 Likes

I just watched the video. She gave a charming, enormously patriotic speech, praising the FBI and all law enforcement officers… She said absolutely nothing remotely resembling Kelley’s accusation. Rather, she told a wonderful little story about how the FBI came to her four weeks prior the new building opening, seeking her help in getting a bill through Congress quickly to get the building named for two FBI heroes killed in the line of duty. If there was a hero in the story it was John Boehner who - at her pleading - engineered the quick passage.

The Congresswoman deserves a full apology from Kelly. I hope she demands one, and I hope Pelosi grabs hold of the issue and doesn’t let it go. If you can’t protect your own people from this type of slander, you really ought to hang it up.

5 Likes

General Kelly, perhaps a review of the Marine Corps Code of Ethics is in order?

WHAT ARE THE MARINE CORPS VALUES?
Honor. This is the bedrock of our character. It is the quality that empowers Marines to exemplify the ultimate in ethical and moral behavior: to never lie, cheat, or steal; to abide by an uncompromising code of integrity; to respect human dignity; and to have respect and concern for each other. It represents the maturity, dedication, trust, and dependability that commit Marines to act responsibly, be accountable for their actions, fulfill their obligations, and hold others accountable for their actions.

You, sir, are an utter failure at a time when the Country is most in need of these values.

Trump and the Trump regieme: unable, unfit, un-American.

8 Likes

It is interesting that Kelly felt a need to dive onto a live grenade to protect Trump. This is taking Donald’s already terrible approval ratings down to new levels. Kelly felt he had to do something to change the narrative. Kelly got blown up. Doubt it will ultimately be of much help to Trump.

3 Likes

He actually smeared her, with the mud he picked from draining the swamp.
Just another set of alternate facts.

He is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Trump Inc.

Meaning he works for the biggest liar and false self-promoter in the history of American politics. And Kelly has the nerve to accuse Wilson of being overly self-promoting. And the accusation just happens to be completely false. And his victim just happens to be black and a woman.

There are no words for how thoroughly disgusted I am.

4 Likes

The General demoted himself to Mini Me

1 Like

Lying is an infectious disease?

Among conservatives, fur sure.

3 Likes

Kelly truly messed up here. He should not have stood up there and lied like that; he had to know there would be video refuting what he said. And for what? All over trump not being man enough to apologize for how he came off to the widow and family.

One can make a case for young and stupid…old and stupid no.

2 Likes

Double face palm. He’s so fucking obvious.

1 Like

Once again, the Half-baked gaggle of Morons infesting the White House dazzle America with a showing of their near mastery of Incompetence.
They are too self-absorbed to LIE well. So they do even that in a slapdash way.
This isn’t the first time that our National Moron and his stupid mouthpieces have forgotten about Videotape.
It has been almost common tech since the early 1980’s
It existed long before that for News Organizations.
And yet, every time one of these staff incompetents enabling President Frankenputz decides that a shovel of lies is better than a teaspoon of truth, they forget everything else, including their honor, and just embrace the LIE.
Remember, these are Republicans. Their first and most primal instinct is to LIE. No matter the subject, no matter the cost to others. Only the LIE matters.
That is the state of America’s “Government” in as few words as possible.
Only the LIE matters.

1 Like

Or maybe JK just knows Trump’s base will listen to his speech and close the book. Who thinks any conservatives have watched or will watch the video that proves he was lying?

I always thought Kelly was hired as Chief of Staff to apply lipstick to the Pig in Chief. Very scary individual.

2 Likes

If it is that’s not actually better. Just think what that implies about Kelly. How did he even form a memory that is so far distorted from reality as to be irreconcilable with that reality? What depths of vileness are simmering in this man’s heart that when an elected representative of the people he is visiting describes how bipartisan teamwork achieved the “impossible” through a shared, intense desire to honor the FBI in the naming of their new field office, his brain instead perceived a woman pushing herself forward to crow about a special, privileged connection to the Black Man in the oval office that gives her access to taxpayer money any time she wants?

If that’s what happened, General Kelly should be locked away in an isolation ward in a mental hospital. Stat. Before he barricades himself in a hotel room and opens fire on the public.

@doctorbiobrain

1 Like

If that’s the case, they’re too inept to be in charge of anything. In less than a day, a local newspaper proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that Kelly was bald-face lying.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available