Discussion: Trump Would Deport 'Criminal Illegal Immigrants' In First Hour Of Presidency

What does this even fucking mean? “Someday I hope to live in Florida…”

Florida, each time I think I’ve reached the end of your dysfunction, I find there’s more down there.

Haven’t read much about this up to now, but apparently among Catholic voters, Trump is getting clobbered. Part of this is that many Hispanic voters are Catholic. But as this article points out, Trump’s problems with Catholics goes well beyond just those who are also Hispanic:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/08/28/donald-trump-has-a-massive-catholic-problem/

The article mentions folks with Irish ancestry who are not so many generations removed from immigrant origins. This is also true of millions of Italian and Polish immigrants (and others, of course), also heavily Catholic populations, to say the least.

Well, I can’t speak more than anecdotally, but my older Irish relatives are horrified by Trump. In part it’s his whole asshole demeanor, but the scapegoating-immigrants aspect is a huge factor.

So even though Trump is not targeting Irish or Italians or Poles, I wouldn’t be surprised if, as the article suggests, his immigrant-scapegoating is a significant factor in his poor standing among Catholic voters.

Don’t get me wrong, there are plenty of other reasons for Catholics (and everyone else) to reject Trump, and in most cases it’s probably the whole Trump package that’s being rejected. But his immigrant-hating rhetoric is a pretty important and noticeable feature of that package, and immigration is a big part of the history and experience of many American Catholics so I suspect it’s a major factor.

9 Likes

Sounds simple. But then again so does the candidate.

Hey, there’s always time. It’s barely September, you know.

3 Likes

Yea and you can also bet that some of those included within the binders are US Citizens. You know just like any number that INS have sent across the border as being illegal only to learn that they were born here.

1 Like

You are probably right that that is a good bet, but that doesn’t mean that problems with the immigration service preclude voting Democrat or Hillary or having the department.

I doubt that you mean that but I really don’t get what your purpose was other than just to say that I guess?

We have problems now that Barack has been trying to improve but, you know why, nothing much has happened. Hillary has vowed to stay on this path but just like Barack, needs willing partners.

The INS is necessary, if not sloppy and poorly run it seems, so we need to improve it and the whole system. Uniformity in purpose and enforcement is big and I’m sure that the INS would say that they lack funding.

Imagine these problems amplified by about a factor of 100 going the, deport 'em all, method espoused by HO.

You have simply no idea. :smile:

But…what it means is, “I am here in Florida, and I intend to make my residence in Florida” is good enough to register to vote. I can give you a good example of that I ran into registering people. I came across an extended family that is opening up/running a little BBQ joint down here. Just moved from AR. Only one of them had an address here, the others were staying with him or living in a hotel. But clearly they are intending to reside here…they are in various states of moving their stuff here, they are committed financially and employment wise to opening a new business…they are intending to live in Florida. And that’s more than good enough.

Some states require a person reside at a residential address for some specified times. Florida doesn’t. Merely stating you live here is good enough. Now, having an actual residence, a FL driver license, possibly a homestead exemption, and yes…being registered to vote…all help the case if someone does decide to question the legitimacy of your residency. But the state won’t on its own.

2 Likes

59 minutes of trials by jury, and an Executive Order in the 60th?

Then who will be First Lady? Ivanka?

Deportation Force! #JanBrewer’sTwinSister blows right by that pronouncement.

1 Like

Everything about Trump’s candidacy is adolescent, rinkydink, and unprofessional, this ridiculous declaration and such things as that godawful silly letter from his doctor included. I think his run for the nomination was a lark. He didn’t expect to get the nomination, much less actually do the highly complex job of being president, so now he’s doing and saying any fool thing he can to make sure he won’t get elected. He’ll go down in history, of course, but as a laughingstock.

1 Like

Thanks for this info. I sincerely wouldn’t want to accuse a generally honest person of doing something as heinous as voter fraud, but considering this man foments such hate and disseminates a hell of a lot of disinformation about such topics as … voter fraud, he fully deserves all of this harsh sunlight. Let it be a lesson to the other Bannon and Coulter types to clean up their acts.

1 Like

Snark is something that the Brownshirted Drumpf supporters do not understand.

donald.

I’ve believed for quite a while that Dishonest Don has long since forgotten whatever he might have known about the Constitution, if indeed he ever knew anything about it at all. The idiot is a menace.

Businessmen often seem to forget that government is not just a business with more 0’s in the budget. When Gary Johnson decided to run for Governor of New Mexico, Bruce King was the incumbent. I used to joke that he got the name and the office mixed up when he decided to run – that he thought he was running for King rather than Governor. His behavior in the Roundhouse bore that attitude out. He was reprimanded not once, but twice by the New Mexico Supreme Court for having exceeded the limits of his Constitutional authority.

3 Likes

In his now famous interview with Hannity, Trump mentioned that the Chinese built a 2000 mile wall. The implication was that it worked out fine for the Chinese. If that is what he meant, then he knows as little history as he knows about the Constitution. The Mongols invaded despite the 2000 mile wall, and they took over China.

What a putz.

2 Likes

Thank you so very much for this link! I just today mailed off my application for an absentee ballot. This form was the form the Crosschecks program designed and Virginia uses. This article has me very angry with the way Virginia has been handling voter rolls. Even a Charlottesville resident got mentioned in Rolling Stones’ article. GD, I sincerely hate Republicans – I really mean that!! - They can’t win anymore without massive cheating scams.

Please, TPM, shout about this loud and clear! The people need to know about this massive (stealth) undertaking.

Again, thank you. This pisses me off so much. Charlottesville is a heavily minority city. Even I (a white male) have a fairly common name – I’m half expecting trouble to arise now that I’m requesting absentee due to disabilities. In the past, I’ve always made it to the polling place, but some years it was a real struggle. I don’t want to miss this one. :rage: <----- Go to HELL, Republicans!!!

Edit to add: Everyone, please read this article. It’s really a massive fraud campaign by the Republicans and involves many millions of voters. I am going to email a link to my registrar here in Charlottesville, VA. This is fucking outrageous.

1 Like

Why mince your words? I’m guessing you meant “What a scum-sucking, festering pile of abhorrent Republican values”.
Is that closer?

2 Likes

Unfortunately, this election season has made us realize the English language does not have enough words to fully describe a “a scum-sucking, festering pile of abhorrent Republican values.” :angry:

3 Likes

As Leo Rosten notes in *The Joy of Yiddish", one of the great things about it is its economy. Rather than saying, “What a festering, scum-sucking sack of abominable Republican values”, one can simply say, “Wie ein goyische putz.”

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available