Discussion: Trump Surrogate Appears To Call For Lynching Of Loretta Lynch In Tweet

This prick is a racist and a dumbass! Anyone surprised?

1 Like

Oh, I have lots of typos in my posts. I’m just utterly shameless about editing them out without saying I did so. Even when somebody’s already quoted the original with the typo.

And even beyond my tendency to let finger memory override my frontal cortex when I’m typing fast, when much of your commenting is done on an Apple platform, you’ve got computer-aided typo insertion (or “autocorrect” as they persist in calling it) to deal with.

4 Likes

He didn’t “bungle” anything. He said exactly what he meant and we understood it perfectly for what it was. The only surprise anyone should be be feeling is that he didn’t use words like “jungle bunny” or “ghetto ape,” which are current favorites all over the Faux News KKKomment boards.

4 Likes

White male voters. A distinct minority. Sure there are some self hating women and minorities to add. But then you have to subtract the white men with decency. It’s not going to work at a national level.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m sure recognizing an anti-semitic meme, which was created by a member of, and was intentionally posted as an anti-semitic meme was just “liberals crying wolf”.

You need to go read the story about the boy who cried wolf. It’s a story about a boy who lies until no one believes him anymore, not one about a boy who is absolutely correct every time.

5 Likes

This is goofy liberal shit. The kind mocked in the right wing sites. I agree with them this time.

Go ahead and explain this all away too. Trump smilingly meets the author of a novel about ethnic cleansing in America? Nah, goofy liberal shit.

5 Likes

I haven’t seen any particular effort by the Trump campaign to back up “straining to move Blacks into his corner” as credible.

Denouncing the KKK for example, or David Duke, instead of using them make cold calls for his campaign, would probably go a lot further to “move Blacks to his corner”. Or you know, not leading a two year + effort to declare the first Black President ineligible to hold the position.

And then there is the follow up response

“It was bad wording by an assistant trying to send it direct to Lorretta [sic] Lynch. Liberal progressives have their underware [sic] all bunched up,”

Seems pretty clear he is aiming to take a few swings at liberals…which 80-90% of Blacks identify with.

This is what the Trump campaign is composed of…part incompetent and part racist, and all hate.

9 Likes

Young people have no idea how Twitter works. I’m glad Karl set them straight.

1 Like

Paldino sounds Italian. Guess he forgot that there was a time period when Italians weren’t considered “white”

4 Likes

The nuttiest white-male-fundie I know (a Cruz guy)-- was ranting (at the ballpark) about a week ago-- to anyone and everyone-- how he just refuses to vote for either Trump or Clinton.

I’ll take half-a-win in this situation. And it bodes well.

jw1

3 Likes

Trump campaign, straining to move Blacks into his corner

Where in Jeebus’s name are you getting the notion that the Trump campaign is “straining to move Blacks into his corner?” Or any other non-white minority group?

There’s a difference between reasonable skepticism and willful self-deceit.

9 Likes

Trump is an asshole magnet!

1 Like

Carl called the presumptive GOP nominee an “exterminator” who would get “the raccoons out of the basement,”…

I am more concerned about the bats in Carl’s belfry.

1 Like

I disagree. The connection between lynching and the way black people were treated is not obscure. It wouldn’t have been nearly as much fun to tweet something like “@LorrettaLynch: why not let a grand jury decide?” With the “lynch” tweet he can have his snicker and “we want our country back” moment and pretend that he wasn’t using the dog whistle.
The fact that Trump’s son-in-law and daughter are Jewish has been known for a long time. The fact that he wasn’t sensitive to the symbol is even more damning if he not only “loves Jewish people” but actually has people he loves who are Jewish.
In every Digital Literacy lesson that students (of all ages) are required to take, a major concept is that you can’t take back things that get posted on the internet. As a public figure, regardless of whether you are a politician, a professional such as a lawyer, a physician, or a teacher, or, really, as a human being who is concerned with what other people think of you, you are careful what you tweet or retweet. As a public figure (especially one who believes that he is qualified to govern a state and who is currently a surrogate for a presidential candidate) he should know to read his postings for potential problems.
We would not accept this sloppiness from any other public figure. We should not accept it from these public figures.
Having said that, you may have a point that the charge of racism may lose its impact, but I can’t help but think that we still need to point it out. Perhaps the response should be on the incompetence of a campaign and candidate that doesn’t focus on management. That might hurt him worse than the charge of racism. But racism is still racism, and being insensitive to the symbols of past abuses is incompetent–for those who use them and for the audience who receives it.

4 Likes

The Irish weren’t considered white either. Thus, the Black Irish. I had no idea until recently about this.

1 Like

What makes me pretty sure it was deliberate is that the response was another attack. Not “sorry for the typo” or “Gee, we never intended to do that.” Just another swing at the same old targets.

4 Likes

Underware is software that runs in the background.

This ‘acquaintance’ between Trump and Lind is beyond the pale.

Here’s another reference to a William Lind/Anders Breivik connection per Alternet.org in 2011:
http://www.alternet.org/story/151814/norwegian_shooting_suspect’s_'manifesto’_inspired_by_american_right-wing_thinkers

In Lind’s book that @bluestatedon references-- in one chapter-- it describes a scenario in a post-democracy USA-- where downtown ATL is thermo-nuked to tamp an AA uprising.

And RWNJs want to give Trump the football?

jw1

3 Likes

Imagine if you will a more vulgar, more racist, stupider version of Maine’s Paul LePage.

4 Likes

Ahhh… Donald the (alleged) man child rapist. Sorry! typo… I meant Racist… Darn this new fangled technology.

When will they come up with a proper autocorrect?

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available