Discussion: Trump Surrogate Accuses Capt. Khan's Father Of Using Son As A ‘Shield' (VIDEO)

1 Like

Disgusting is NOT a strong enough word to describe TRUMP and his apologists.

34 Likes

Benghazi Mom: Only I am supposed to be complaining about the death of my child and only at RNC.

33 Likes

Hey, Chrissie. You and Drumpf are in BIG trouble with the VFW. Perhaps you should have waited for their statement before making a fool o yourself

TO RIDICULE A GOLD STAR MOTHER IS OUT-OF-BOUNDS

August 01, 2016

WASHINGTON — Presidential candidate Donald J. Trump has a history of lashing out after being attacked, but to ridicule a Gold Star Mother is out-of-bounds, said the new national commander of the near 1.7 million-member Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States and its Auxiliary. “Election year or not, the VFW will not tolerate anyone berating a Gold Star family member for exercising his or her right of speech or expression,” said Brian Duffy, of Louisville, Ky., who was elected July 27 to lead the nation’s oldest and largest major war veterans organization. “There are certain sacrosanct subjects that no amount of wordsmithing can repair once crossed,” he said. “Giving one’s life to nation is the greatest sacrifice, followed closely by all Gold Star families, who have a right to make their voices heard.”

23 Likes

Trump is jumping so many sharks that they might have to throw a net over him.

13 Likes

Using his dead son as a shield…

Chris Collins, a fungus so loathsome that 100% chlorine bleach wouldn’t faze him. You’re two of a vile kind with your compatriot Drumpf.

22 Likes

Say goodbye to your career in Congress chump.

No one is going to put up with that nonsense.

18 Likes

I’m not going to watch the interview but for the sake of dog can these assholes please not just get to spout off on TV without being challenged?

14 Likes

Imagine thinking this stance Collins was a good idea. Set aside its classless tacky irredeemable nature for a sec. Imagine thinking that following this path would help anyone but your political enemies. Breathless stupidity.

8 Likes

Congressman Collins forgot to mention that Clinton has also ignored Article XII of the Constitution.

14 Likes

Jesus. They just will not let this go.

16 Likes

“He then cast Khan as an ‘attack dog’ for Clinton.”

Wow!

A literal dog whistle.

(See: “Islam and Dogs; Ritual Impurity”.)

Trump’s folks are utterly shameless.

27 Likes

Is Collins from a small family or something? Did he NOT have older brothers bait him into enough embarrassing shit so that by the age of 6 he could avoid getting pants’d in public? Guess not.

13 Likes

Collins, ‘another human skid mark’ although born in 1950 hasn’t spent one day in uniform in any branch of this country’s military, not one frigging day!
In other words, he’s a true American Chickenhawk, with a backbone made up of feces-colored jello!

19 Likes

His war hero son? That one?
Drumpf keeps digging a hole, he’s gonna end up in Russia.

8 Likes

It’s been full-on damage control on Faux News all fucking day, starting with the false equivalence gambit that tried to claim Hillary was in a “spat” with the woman who accuses her of lying about the video with reference to Benghazi as she welcomed her son home in a casket (there is no spat…Hillary simply points out that other who were there say she said no such thing, but then also says she can understand the mother being distraught and not remembering correctly) and now ending with this mindless RWNJ talking point screed from ab anti-muslim right wing activist who happens to be a veteran and is therefore supposedly “unassailable”:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/08/01/open-letter-to-mr-khizr-khan.html

Made me want to fucking vomit.

16 Likes

I hope this is truly the beginning of the end for Trump. His treatment of the Khan family and the smears his surrogates have spread have hit me in a visceral way unlike any other candidate/election in my life.

I don’t come from a military family but I do have children. I cannot help but project what I would feel like if an asshat candidate made statements like Trump’s that besmirched my children and family. I also know I really can’t imagine the pain of the Khan family.

I recognize my reaction borders on the hysterical but these attacks hit at the very roots of our democracy. I can only hope that others feel some small measure of the disgust and outrage I feel right now.

30 Likes

TRUMP and company are climbing a …

5 Likes

To refer to these apologists as bull shit artists is an understatement.

6 Likes

I hope the Democrats have a good candidate running against him this fall.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available