Discussion: Trump Suggests His 'Tapes' Threat Influenced Comey's Testimony

A little light bulb went off when I saw this guy in that I realized we need more like him. Familiar with the blue collar world, and with the financial burden of health issues, but well-spoken and not shy. He is the kind of guy that could bring in the voters that otherwise label Dems as “elitist”.

5 Likes

Well of course it changed his story, duh. He wouldn’t have publicly wished to the Lordy that there were tapes, if Rump hadn’t said there were tapes

2 Likes

Hey OT, but I FINALLY caught Jared speaking. And you know what? It was a bit of a shock in that he came off as limp and unassertive. I bet he knows that and that’s why he seldom opens his mouth. Did anyone else catch it?

5 Likes

He talked about his son, his mother, his father and various medical problems they’re dealing with, and I hope previous Ryan supporters know this. He’s not going home to his wife the lobbyist and four picture perfect children where they live in the mansion which the founder of Parker Pens built.

The Cush has a pipsqueak of a voice.

3 Likes

Comey wrote his story down the night the meetings happened. This was contemporaneously distributed and logged in the FBI servers. Trump thinks that his lie about having tapes kept Comey from somehow modifying that well-cataloged description of the events?

Meanwhile, Trump’s claims have changed radically since the first statement, from claiming he never said anything of the sort to that he meant something else to that Comey now somehow admits that Trump was right after all. The only consistency in Trump’s story is that it is made up from moment to moment to pretend that Trump is a Great Man Above Reproach and in conformance with whichever small subset of facts Trump is willing to admit at the moment (which he may vociferously deny the next).

In any case, Trump has repeatedly admitted to intentional witness intimidation, alongside the clear abuse of power, all falling under the umbrella of obstruction of justice. In any rational universe his own words are Exhibit A for the Prosecution. Not saying we live in a rational universe, but it sometimes trends in that direction.

7 Likes

So, just to recap what we seem to have here…

1. PeePee tweets “tapes” threat to stop Comey from leaking to the press
  2. Comey testifies that that tweet alone made him leak his side of the convo in order to get a Special Counsel appointed
  3. Comey’s testimony is compelling and he is deemed believable based on both his story of events as well as his history/reputation. Comey also says, in essence, “Tapes? Bring 'em on!”
  4. Tramp tweets/speaks in interviews that Comey lied
  5. PeePee teases about whether or not there are “tapes” a la Next week on Presidential Apprentice…
  6. Tramps admits he has no tapes, never had tapes, simply tweeted what he did to get Comey to be honest
  7. Tramp claims that his lie/ruse worked

So, if the ruse worked, then what Comey testified to is factual. If it didn’t work, then Comey lied and PeePee failed. Either way,

-Tramp is a liar
-Tramp is guilty of witness intimidation, obstruction of justice

Did I miss how this is anything but the delusional so-called thought process of a madman?

12 Likes

Donald Trump doesn’t like it when people notice that he has a unhealthy relationship with Vladimir Putin. That’s more relevant than anything he can say about Comey. Until Trump comes clean, his presidency will remain crippled.

3 Likes

Exactly. And he had kind, attentive eyes. The kind that show he’s listening in real time instead of going over his talking points in his head.

2 Likes

I’ll add this: His presidency will cripple our democracy.

@clare To add this about Bryce. There was considerable voter suppression in WI last year, most egregious in big cities with minority voters, but that may not be an issue in Janesville since it is 91% white. Bryce has to know this going in.

7 Likes

Now that Intel has said they have proof Putin directed the meddling, it backs donnie into a corner. Makes all of his Putie love particularly damning.

7 Likes

Donnie: I am the biggest, bestest, manliest, toughest-

-Comie reaches for his pocket, causing Donnie to use Barron as a shield-

Donnie: Do whatever you want to the little shit, just don’t hurt me!

-Comie then pulls out a mint-

Comie: What? I needed to freshen my breath

2 Likes

He often does not remember at the end of sentence what he started to say at the beginning.

4 Likes

has crippled, and is crippling our (former) democracy

2 Likes

James Comey is going to make so much money on the lecture circuit when this is all over…

5 Likes

My first, gut-level reaction to hearing Jared speak was Ivanka = Beard

@tomdibble - another huge difference in stories was Tramp telling Lester Holt that Comey called him to ask to come to dinner and that subsequent meetings/calls were “sometimes I’d call him, sometimes he’d call me”. Comey flat-out laughed when he was asked if he’d ever initiated any call to or meetings with the president. He said that perhaps on one occasion, he’d returned a call made by the president.

4 Likes

Can you imagine Trump being under oath in a hearing answering a question verbally and then being asked to explain a video of himself answering the same question from a reporter where Trump says exactly the opposite?

2 Likes

As cynical as I am about the state of our democracy, I still see it alive in a lot of areas. Though dog knows the opposition is right now working on ways to deal with those.

1 Like

But it has already sustained massive damage in lots of areas.

Yeah. And he has a flair for public speaking.

As for Jared and your initial reaction to hearing him speak….same here at Chez Nous.

1 Like

Trump will never admit he’s a loser and a liar.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available