Discussion: Trump Suggests His 'Tapes' Threat Influenced Comey's Testimony

Indeed, agreed.

This is why the um… “salacious” allegations in the Steele Dossier resonate so well.

2 Likes

If you study carefully Trump’s responses to criticism of his own words, you may see that he’s using the almost the exact same style as that of Vladimir Putin’s. When accused of Russian hacks, Putin first ridicules the critics, then he blames it all on the critics. He also often accuses his “victims” of the very things he’s guilty of himself. This is exactly what we see in Trump. Trump is an known LIAR. But he’s not just an ordinary liar. Trump is also a sleazy no-principles total assh0le who would sells out anyone or anything (including his own country) for money or to save his own butt. The worst part is this major league asshole is now in occupying the White House. With Trump in the office, not just health care but also national security, national resources, the economy, national treasures, the environment, and the very things American are holding dear to their hearts are at great risks of total collapse or irreversible destruction!

Trump must be removed now!

2 Likes

“Fox and Friends”. That’s all I needed to see.

My Tante Henna passed hers along to me too until I went grey and decided that I liked it better.

3 Likes

Coercive control is now a crime in Australia and parts of the UK. Two counts can get you 5 years in prison. Civil ramifications can be costly.

Trump deserves poverty and solitary confinement for life.

1 Like

My understanding is that perjury is knowingly making false statements about relevant facts under oath. I don’t believe it applies to other public statements.

Yeah, I like the way Fox & Friends jumped right on that logical inconsistency. They are so good at holding Trump’s feet to the fire. I’m sure that’s why he likes them so much.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

4 Likes

1 Like

Bub… but… he said right in the interview that his story hasn’t changed, so that must be true.

So let’s recap, shall we? Donald Trump told a lie so an honest man would tell the truth about a lie Donald Trump told about why he fired the honest man in the first place.

1 Like

This is the only tape Donnie really, truly needs… Duct Tape

4 Likes

tena makes a good point here. The flip side is – what you describe actually happens all the time. Don’t remember where I heard it from, a cop or a prosecutor, but especially for high-profile crimes they often have more confessions than suspects. People confess to crimes they didn’t commit all the time. I think what’s different here is that the investigators (cops and prosecutors) typically sort out the false confessions. (I’m not including the false confessions that cops and prosecutors themselves induce, which are legion.)

1 Like

TY

:blush:

1 Like

Remember when he used to be talked about as a serious contender to be president? Egad!

Also on college campuses,
as well as the Native American communities (massive voter suppression in WI, I mean).

1 Like

And many of the non-salacious ones have checked out.

Purposeful intimidation, well blows me down, that makes it all good.

Trumpp thinks only in terms of the base that will believe anything and do.
The law, IS…NOT…HIS…BASE!

Each new lie sets him up as a serial liar no matter his claim of never changing his story.

The bluffs will work until the trials begin or until he bails for fear of what the trials will prove.

He isn’t going to unlie his way out of any of this or anything. Mostly because he can’t keep his story straight for one day but also because the truth does not pass his lips without some degree of dishonesty built in.
Nope, he’s stuck in liar’s prison and if he ever gets out it will be just so that he can be transported to an actual prison.

It took his lawyers 6 weeks to come up with this excuse? Damn

2 Likes

“Tramps claims he has no tapes, never had tapes, simply tweeted what he did to get Comey to be honest”

FIFY. Never assume Tramp is telling the truth. Even if Tramp did have tapes (or did have someone else make tapes for him), Tramp could not release them; if Comey is telling the truth, Tramp himself would have been caught on tape encouraging Comey to go easy on Flynn.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available