Discussion: Trump Says He Thought Presidency 'Would Be Easier'

Will be fun to watch. Especially since William and Harry are said to loathe Trump for his comments that he could have “done” their mother.

19 Likes

They looooooooooooove being accompanied by a security detail. It makes them feel big and important. The more fuss and bother about them, the better.

Can’t wait until the SS starts leaking about their bad behavior…

10 Likes

…his speechwriters never could spell “whining” properly…

4 Likes

Drumpfie has already demanded that he gets to ride in the Queen’s gilded coach on his visit there.

Which just ain’t done.

What a pig.

8 Likes

Hmmmm, you started me thinkin’. I been blaming Reince for all the leaks in the WH. I wonder…

2 Likes

I think that is exactly right.

6 Likes

I had to open comments just to like that.
If you ever wondered what it would be like if a child with a 7 year olds vocabulary became President…

3 Likes

At the end of the day, Trump never was anything more than that co-worker or relative who we all seem to know at least one of that’s always in a rage about some insane garbage he (sometimes it’s a she) read on Breitbart or saw in a Facebook image meme posted by ‘Pissed off Right Wingers’ or wherever. There’s a whole subculture of people in this country that thrives on total ignorance and pure rage thrown toward anything they deem “liberal”. They’re usually just shitty people we conveniently forget to invite over for Sunday BBQs, but Trump just happens to be one of the few with a big enough ego and the financial means to run for the Presidency. He won, and they got one of their own in the White House, and here we are. The worst part about his Presidency so far is just how predictable this all was by the majority who didn’t vote for him.

16 Likes

He really thinks that everybody is supposed to love and adore him because he won the election. That’s why he is still so obsessed with the election results. (He handed out maps of the electoral college to the 3 reporters doing this interview).

Which is kind of shocking, considering he spent the past 8 years accusing President Obama of not being American and harping on every little thing. Or it would be shocking, until you realize that its Trump we are discussing.

But their are two other things that really stand out to me in this brief article.

1. he is giving this interview right before the big 100 day mark that he is so concerned about. Which is…wow…on several levels. Just over 3 months into a 4 year term, and he is already publicly pouting that the job is too hard?? And how does a supposed media savvy guy decide that this sort of interview is going to help him get good press at day 100?

2. This item was almost buried in the article.

“He frequently turns to outside friends and former business colleagues for advice and positive reinforcement. Senior aides say they are resigned to it.”

Typically, this is no big deal, as long as those outside friends and former colleagues aren’t mobsters. But given that he DOES have mobster colleagues, and the WH is refusing any sort of transparency (besides the infighting leaks)…one really has to wonder about that last sentence…“Senior aides say they are resigned to it”

16 Likes

I don’t disagree that just deploring people doesn’t get us further forward, and I’m not suggesting that’s all we do. But I’ll continue to say, quite possibly with my literal dying breath, that electing Trump was a huge mistake and failure of responsibility as citizens. He was entirely unsuitable by any possible metric. He has already severely damaged the nation. Everyone who enabled him to get there shares the blame for that, including and especially the people who voted for him.

20 Likes

In related news

Trump’s 1st economic report card: Slowest growth in 3 years - CNN Money

Wonder how he’ll blame Obama for this after having taken credit for the lingering effects of Obama’s economic policy.

9 Likes

Should’ve known I would’ve been beaten to the punch.

1 Like

Not voting against Trump is no better than voting for Trump.

7 Likes

“Hey, a Black man did a great job, so how hard can it be?..Oh, shit.”

8 Likes

“Hey, a Black man did a great job, so how hard can it be?.”

I must admit, that appeared, to me, as the motivation for many of the GOP16 candidates… salonfähig racism…

7 Likes

Well, you know, Obama had the first 19 days, which, you know, negated the skyrocketing rate of growth on the following 71 days (first days of Drumpfie’s reign).

See, blame Obama!

5 Likes

So resign already.

4 Likes

‘I thought it would be less work’…my God.

4 Likes

Which suggest that a prolonged immersion in better information would produce better results.

The downside of manipulating irrational ignorants into electing you is that they’re irrational and ignorant. They will bite the hand that feeds. Good luck.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available