Discussion: Trump Says He Thought Presidency 'Would Be Easier'

2 Likes

He obviously thought it was just some sort of ceremonial thing.

You know, you sit behind the desk, surrounded by underlings and sign stuff the underlings wrote. You wave your hand and expect people to jump to your bidding, like the hired sycophants he’s used to from his company. You shake hands with important people and wave to crowds and give speeches (that others wrote). He thought he was going to become some sort of all-powerful, “off with his head” medieval king and is finding out he’s a public servant!!

ETA: latest backoff is on the newest ACA repeal attempt - article at WaPo

57 Likes

It probably would be easier if he wasn’t such a fucking moron.

79 Likes

OMFG… I can’t… I just can’t…

Yet his supporters will just pity him and continue with their support. I swear, he could bankrupt the nation, get us into a war we lose with horrendous consequences, and they’d still swear Trump’s the best POTUS in history.

WTF is wrong with half of America.

46 Likes

The driving comment is funny—especially when you consider that he spends about 3 days per week “driving” on the golf course.

34 Likes

I live and work with them …they are every bit as shallow, emotionally immature and incurious as he is… oh, and they, too, get ALL their news from Alex Jones and Fox News lol

24 Likes

I thought it would be easier.

It shows.

54 Likes

Trump really believed that Obama is a semi-retarded, lazy black—“if he could fake it, I can do a great, very very very good job”.

50 Likes

save us some money and sign an executive order dissolving your Secret Service detail :sunglasses:

29 Likes

Boo f-ing hoo!

8 Likes

Yes folks, he’s really that dumb.

25 Likes

I hear tell he said the same thing about Barron’s “Where’s Waldo” book.

/j/k, he would never open a book or spend any time with a non-Ivanka kid

15 Likes

“You’re really into your own little cocoon …"

Seriously, THIS guy thinks he’s MORE in a cocoon than before? He must be wrapped in silk.

14 Likes

“I only ran for president to get the free security services. The Russian mafia was starting to breath down my neck. It was only a matter of time before those Bratva boys sent me sailing off the top of my Tower.”
— Comrade Chaos, discussing the pitfalls of modern finance

22 Likes

He works more than he did at his previous job? What did he do? Currently he watches 6’hours of tv, much of that during office hours, and he golfs all weekend.

55 Likes

You know, you may very well be right. Would fit his apparent worldview.

8 Likes

All one needs to do is see a before/after picture of the POTUS. Before election, they looked great! After their Presidency, they look like they were just released from 8 years of gladiatorial combat.

This is a picture from FOUR years from now of Trump after his White House tenure:

… to be serious, I’ll openly admit I’m desperately looking forward to Trump’s AFTER picture. Not only because it will mean he’s OUT, but because considering how he looks now, he’ll probably end up looking like a bald shriveled-up dark orange raisin or just plain dead from a massive coronary.

17 Likes

Hey, in his previous job he didn’t have to interrupt his 24-hour teevee viewing except to send an underling out to get his fastfood fix, or get photos taken with whatever B-lister happened to roll into town. Oh, yeah, and the odd cameo in films, where his line was so short he didn’t even have to memorize it. He didn’t have to listen to briefings, he’d just point at one of his minions and said “make it happen” and “it’s on you if something goes wrong.” He didn’t have to invest any brainpower at all, hence the cauliflower between his ears.

Now it’s on him if something goes wrong.

ETA: he never really realized that the reason he could get away with his braggadocio in his previous life was because he was so unimportant that nobody took him seriously. His “importance” existed only in his own mind – and it was taking himself too seriously that got him into this mess.

37 Likes

I have a simple answer, Donnie-GO BACK TO YOUR PREVIOUS LIFE RIGHT NOW.

27 Likes

Well, Donnie, just think how hard it would be if you did all the work a president is supposed to do. Loser.

30 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available