Discussion: Trump Says He Thought Presidency 'Would Be Easier'

Do any of them understand how “hard” it is to actually “do” something ?? Ripping the country apart, as in destroying stuff that we use every day, isn’t doing the job … it is “undoing” US. What Democrat would want to come into the economic destruction this Republican government is going to leave as Bill Clinton and Obama did. This government is going to leave nothing to rebuild with … it will all be in offshore accounts.

I’m sorry but this is the result of willful ignorance and gullibility of the American electorate. They still don’t understand or cannot admit that they shot themselves in the “foot” (so to speak).

2 Likes

Kidnapping threats. Which leaves me to wonder about whatshername, the other daughter?

5 Likes

Oh Donny there’s an easy solution. . . Quit!

4 Likes

And those who voted for him were/are just as delusional.

3 Likes

You mean easier, like health care? sorry if I repeat someone else!!

By statute, adult spawn of POTUS and VP are entitled to it.

In this case, it’s a massive conflict of interest, with taxpayer money used to help promote Trump’s businesses.

4 Likes

I get the feeling he’s going to quit before anything political (impeachment, prison, etc) could ever happen to him. I don’t mean quit out of fear but, quit because he’s bored, not getting the love/adoration that he expected and the well has run dry on how much money his family can scheme out of his position.

Of course I also wouldn’t be surprised to see him back on the campaign trail for 2020 because then he gets to Grift/Con again and his dumbass fans will still support him.

5 Likes

When does all this winning end?

10 Likes

When the next President is able to say, “Our long national nightmare is over.”

17 Likes

I think there is a good chance that Trump will not age like previous presidents. They look the way they do because they feel the pressure of the enormous responsibilities of the presidency, the pressure to carefully craft their words and actions to project the power of the office, and the responsibility for outcomes of their actions that won’t be positive for everybody. Trump feels none of this. He does feel stress because not everybody likes and worships him so I may be wrong in how bigly he will age.

6 Likes

It hit me during the run-up to the election that these Repugs don’t realise that there’s an actual job that needs to be done. They think it’s just a title. If you’d told little Donnie that it was work–a man who’s never worked an actual day in his life–he would have gone, “Oh fuck that!”

7 Likes

Oh, but that would mean they would not get to play at being Princes and Princesses…

(Ten bucks says they try to act like they’re equals when they inevitably foist themselves on the British royal family)

4 Likes

No one’s holding a gun to his head to stay in office. He could follow Nixon (whom he resembles in many ways) and resign.

1 Like

I really didn’t know that being a brain surgeon without a high school diploma would be so f&cking hard! But you’ll let me sing and dance my way through, right? Wink

6 Likes

Some ‘False News’ for Donald, he will not be amused

GDP expanded at an annual rate of 0.7% in the first quarter, which was a sharp slowdown from the 2.1% growth rate in the final three months of 2016.

16 Likes

Effectively, we have a significant number of our fellow Americans for whom denialism is a way of life, in politics, in global warming, in many areas.

Another definition of denialsim: “my mind is made up, don’t confuse me with the facts…”

8 Likes

Yes but if Trump dismissed his detail, we’d know for sure he’s crazy.

1 Like

Politico has a story up about Trump’s presidency. Here’s just one terrifying nugget from it:

One key development: White House aides have figured out that it’s best not to present Trump with too many competing options when it comes to matters of policy or strategy. **Instead, the way to win Trump over, they say, is to present him a single preferred course of action and then walk him through what the outcome could be – and especially how it will play in the press.**
12 Likes

Is anyone else getting tired of all the WHINING?

9 Likes

I think it’s safe to say this is the last rich white male president we’ll see in our life times. I’d bet @irasdad 's life on it.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available