Discussion: Trump Rejects Criticism He Waited Too Long To Condemn White Supremacists

They always end up turning on themselves. That’s how the FBI took them down in the 60s, and fairly easily. And these groups will have a strikingly high criminal element involved with them, which makes them ever easier targets to turn.

But the problem is, we had Bobby Kennedy as AG making those calls in the 60s. Today we have Jeff Sessions. :frowning:

3 Likes

100% Miller. It’s the verbal equivalent of a Nazi salute. No “talking” or “points” really necessary.

6 Likes

Well, that wasn’t a very happy bedtime story, daveyjones64!

:wink:

1 Like

I seem to be seeing tweets saying Eric Foner was on Lawrence? Can anyone tell me about the conversation?

Current headline at CNN.com.

@outsidertrading618

6 Likes

Sorry, I had it on but was doing multiple things so I think I missed it.

Meanwhile, in the Land of Good News, President Obama’s tweets with the Mandela quote is now the all time highest ranked tweet. That oughta make PeePee a happy boy!

3 Likes

I couldn’t tell for sure from his facial expressions, but I certainly won’t rule out the possibility either he’s out of the loop and this whole thing was by Bannon/Miller.

This is bad for him either way.

3 Likes

I saw his singing of Amazing Grace in Charleston floating. He is dearly missed…

1 Like

I just saw that! Don’t you know that might push PeePee right over the cliff!

3 Likes

Someone added Pee – and they deleted it now.

8 Likes

Some very" fine" people, statue enthusiasts I believe they were called by a poster on WaPo. I do wonder how Jared and Ivanka reconcile these things.

3 Likes

Read the talking points…“unity and calm”???
Trump was anything but calm out there. That was rage.

4 Likes

so, maybe Trump’s just President of the Confederacy? that explains it…

shorter version… Seig Heil!

She and Jared are on vacation somewhere in Vermont which I heard from Brian Williams. So much for moderating influences.

Well he said " excuse me" several times.

:persevere:

3 Likes

To borrow from someecards: Congratulations on making it to Tuesday!

2 Likes

No, some must have been the good Nazis. Why on earth did anyone vote for this man?

1 Like

The Charlotte Observer’s article is linked inside the tweet.

ETA: Link. http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article167303682.html

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available