Discussion: Trump Rejects Criticism He Waited Too Long To Condemn White Supremacists

trump likely meant and would know the differences among them, no matter how subtle- white supremacists, Nazis , white nationalists and the alt right. Remember you can’t take trump “literally”!

From Marc Fisher at WaPo:

“From declining to name who was in the wrong on Saturday to a muted denouncement Monday of neo-Nazis and white supremacists and back to his original comments, Trump reminded everyone: He doesn’t like to be told what to say. And he is preternaturally inclined to dance with the ones who brought him.”

I love this quote for the last sentence. Love that he manages to make T-boy girly at the end there.

6 Likes

…except when he tweets. Those are the official proclamations. Isn’t that what one of his knob polisher’s said?

4 Likes

13 Likes

Eric and Malaria made it to Paraguay?

3 Likes

I know this is said often – and I don’t go out of my way to watch Trump speak – but holy shit, this was not a grown adult speaking. This was a spoiled child throwing a tantrum because their parents didn’t give them a gold star for doing the bare minimum.

7 Likes

I’m surprised they haven’t yet uttered the incantations necessary to call forth Kellyanne and have her go in front of the cameras to tell us that she thinks if you really listen to what the President is saying it would sound completely different from what your own lying ears are telling you.

8 Likes
4 Likes

Not yet. Give it time. They can’t help themselves.

I fully admit that the ones you mention and many others have started rising to the challenge and threat represented by Trumpism etc. His behavior towards them simultaneously constitutes that challenge/threat while freeing them to rise to meet it. Constantly under attack from him, they no longer have to worry about him attacking them…he’s already doing it. WaPo in particular has really impressed me overall.

Where did I say the press would normalize neo-Nazis? Where? Quote it. You just did what I see on the Faux News boards. Don’t imply some strawman to what I said by twisting it inside-out. What I said is that the question of whether the left has a problem with violence will become normalized, particularly where they can de-couple it with the activity of the alt-right white nationalists and avoid appearing as thought they’re just manufacturing moral equivalence. There has been plenty of imbecile behavior on the left for them to latch onto as their toe-hold for such a narrative in their forever climb towards pure false-equivalence in the name of pseudo-fairness and the bias of mindless knee-jerk “balance.”

But that’s not even remotely the same as saying that they would normalize neo-Nazism. Respond to what I said, not what you mischaracterize it as meaning.

If you think Faux News doesn’t count, then I don’t know what to tell you. It does until it doesn’t? Who controls the country’s levers of power? Who controls the levers of power in most states? Municipalities? If Faux News doesn’t count, why are we in this fucking mess and why are we consistently failing to get out of it? What evidence do we have that it’s Faux News that doesn’t count as opposed to all the one that we believe in being the ones that don’t count? Hope is a good thing, but I’m sorry it’s not yet realistic. You can’t just ignore Faux, Breitbart, WND, InfoWars, Daily Caller, Limbaugh, Daily Stormer and the rest. We’re still losing…no matter how much the schadefreude rains down upon us from Trumpland…and he’s not the only one looking up from the inside of a giant hole.

Jeebus Effin Crisco.

Cary, NC
Department store mannequins posed in Nazi salute

5 Likes

It’s kind of like waiting for UPS to deliver a package. It’s 4:00 on Friday and you’ve checked the door half a dozen times thinking it should’ve arrived already. As time ticks by, you become increasingly worried that this thing you desperately need for a function Saturday morning may not make it. But then at 6:45, right as you’re about to freak the hell out, here comes the guy in the big brown truck.

17 Likes

I kind of feel like my response to most things is going to be " George Washington was a slave owner" instead of " I’ve had it. This is ridiculous. The Putin call was pleasant".
trump reveals more than he plans to with each comment, no need for KAC.

3 Likes

hahahahahaha A perfectly beautiful metaphor.

3 Likes

Are you hiding in the bushes outside my place?

6 Likes

Hope this is true…

Edit: After reading further it appears it very likely IS true!

7 Likes

God me too. It looks very much like it is if Vanity Fair is publishing part of it.

O god I love this - it’s all of them!

3 Likes

Could this lead to asset forfeiture? Please, please, please, please, please

5 Likes

Oh man, that is a great tweet!

13 Likes

Emails! Emails! I want to fill this entire space with one word: EMAILS

2 Likes

It’s no wonder they went after Hillary for her emails, they were projecting like an octoplex.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available