Discussion: Trump Rejects Criticism He Waited Too Long To Condemn White Supremacists

Please send her to another planet, literally.

2 Likes

Man, I loved it too.

SOLID.

2 Likes

Kayleigh is a female munt

1 Like

Oh hell, the comments are priceless!

5 Likes

Right!?

Thereā€™s still lotta hope in this countryā€¦ :smile:

5 Likes

Completely OT but I gotta tell you that my dog is absolutely convinced that the brown truck is Satanā€™s Sleigh. He even barks at them when weā€™re out in the car and he sees them. Of course, he thinks itā€™s just one truck that is put on this earth to torment him.

Back on topic, Joy Reid is subbing for Chris Hayes tonight - this should be amazing!

4 Likes

Maddow had a nice tease about Kushnerā€™s partner Steinmetz being detained & she made a comment about money laundering & real estate in an unnamed country. Your post reminded me to look into it further but I might just wait for tonightā€™s show. The show might be pretty full thoughā€¦

4 Likes

I saw a pic earlier, but the vid isā€¦ wow. Why hasnā€™t he resigned yet?

4 Likes

Now we know why he was so unhinged today. Probably had a public meltdown to deflect from possible coverage of this story by the press.

8 Likes

@daveyjones64
@tena

A complete psychological breakdown of some kind is coming. I said that back during the campaign it was inevitable, win or lose. From the moment he began to win primaries, there was never a scenario that didnā€™t end in a mental breakdown of some kind. Maybe just ā€œnervous exhaustion.ā€ Maybe a full on paranoid or delusional psychotic break. As ineluctable as gravity and taxes.

But the thing is, when that happens is when we find out if we are still something like a democracy or whether weā€™ve descended into authoritarianism. Corrupt tyrant regimes can prop up, and even slavishly cater to, insane despots. More often than not, thatā€™s what they do. Hitler, Stalin, Saddam, Mao, all of them went on and on long after it became clear they were insane. Indeed, only the more or less sane ones, like Peron or Mussolini or Khrushchev, seem to get deposed. Fear of the tyrant, fear of the people, who donā€™t know the tyrant is barking mad, fear of loss of power, all of them work to keep the madman in play.

Either the institutional machinery works regardless of the weaknesses of the people who hold the offices, or they donā€™t. And recall that the 25th has never been used before so there is no precedent, no institutional memory, no tradition of considering that part of the office. And recall further that it takes 2/3 of both houses of Congress to keep him out if he tries to grab back the crown. If McConnell and Ryan both arenā€™t fully onboard and in control of at least half their caucuses and willing to count on Democrats to get it done, it doesnā€™t get done.

7 Likes

Interesting that every comment to the video I read was anti-Trump. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

There really is. As dark as things are right now, there really is.

5 Likes

This wager seems just too easy.

8 Likes

I canā€™t believe I agree with Bill Kristolā€™s wife. He just read a tweet from his wife on Chris Hayesā€™ show (Joy Reid filling in) and I just deleted a post (before actually posting it) about an hour ago basically saying the same thing. His wife said that GOP Congresspeople should not just condemn the nazis and KKK and other white supremacist groups but they need to come out against this Pr*sident once and for all. I went further in my post and said they need to return to Congress ready to hold impeachment hearings in opposition to this nutjob. Heā€™s trying to bring the country down to his level and we canā€™t let him. He needs to goā€¦

Btw, I hope Iā€™m not the only one that writes shit and then thinks twice about posting. I do that a lot when an emotional subject like this comes up. I tend to let my feelings get in the way of my thoughts.

10 Likes

:smile:

19 Likes

FAKE NEWS! What about Chappaquiddick?!

:wink:

6 Likes

Thereā€™s still lotta hope in this country. @geofu54

There really is - I agree with you both.

8 Likes

It will make the poor little thing disappear completely.

3 Likes

Worldā€™s first inverted tallywhacker

2 Likes

Good. Itā€™s not like he doesnā€™t have a number of alternative ā€œhomesā€ to which he can go, unlike most of us.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available