Discussion: Trump Makes Bizarre Courtesy Call At CIA Headquarters

6 Likes

Please stop. Wildly speculating is puerile.

Itā€™s something to do with the rhythm of the surprise headlines as election day approaches, lotta billionaire dark money on unreported psyop.

5 Likes

i told those guys in the top photo that they needed a bigger sign.

1 Like

Trump wants to execute every 10th Park Rangerā€¦

This Spicer rant reminded me of Humphrey Bogartā€™s Capt Queeg from The Caine Mutiny but instead of strawberries and tow lines itā€™s crowd size and busts.

This is insane.

6 Likes

He was the deplorables only chance to replace the black man in the White House with someone who is like them.

ā€œAs democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heartā€™s desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.ā€

ā€• H.L. Mencken, On Politics: A Carnival of Buncombe

12 Likes

Watching MSNBC answer to Spicer - surprisingly strong.

4 Likes

Only the stuff the Russians already know they know.

2 Likes

My little of town of 5000 people had about 200 people for a protest.

11 Likes

The attacks on the media are truly scary to me. How can we engage in a democracy without a free press? Yes, there are clickbait sites that add nothing to the conversation, and lobbying sites that have traded truth for partisanship, but we know that our sources of news and information are THE MEDIA. How can we fight this despotic effort to shut down opposition?

2 Likes

Question: Is Trumpā€™s behavior today crazier than Khrushchev banging his shoe on the table at the U.N.?

1 Like

Iā€™m having a hard time figuring out why Trump gave that speech. He was trying to make peace with the CIA? He wanted footage of himself speaking to clapping CIA people? (It does seem that his entourage contributed a lot of clapping.) He wasnā€™t there long, right? He just showed up, talked, and left, right? Were there other meetings? Iā€™m not fishing for some particularly nefarious motive, I just canā€™t figure out why he would rush to the CIA to put on one of his rallies. The speech was awful, bizarre covers it, but itā€™s even odder that he gave it in the first place.

6 Likes

The last people in DC who went after the media with such vigor were Agnew and Nixon. Look at how that turned out.

6 Likes

Yeah I can see the Pentagon going for that.

The CIA belongs to the DOD. Is it quasi-military

The FBI belongs to the DOJ and is totally civilian.

2 Likes

On a Saturday, no less. Couldnā€™t be because they are trying to call attention away from the millions of marchers around the world. Same reason Spicer gave his absurd statement.

These people are despicable. Keep on taking this tack you jerks, and the hate for you will only grow.

8 Likes

@hayduke: Donald Trumpā€™s universe is not just weirder than you think. It is weirder than you can imagine. Credit: JBS Haldane/Arthur Eddington. This election proves that.

The Republican party has motive. They simply donā€™t want the American people to know how much President Vladimir Putin and the KGB did to intervene, hack and rig the election for Trump. Jim Comey and his FBI cabal are more favorable to the new Russian-Republican party alliance.

The immediate reason Trump visited the CIA today is because he wants them to do the dirty work of getting revenge and retribution for the protests today. He wants the women (and men) behind the protests across the country investigated.

4 Likes

I gathered it was traditional for this meeting with a new administration and he only has one or two speeches that he keeps changing around to fit, but they are all campaign speeches just like that inauguration disaster was his convention speech.

2 Likes

The MSM will defend themselves. They never had to before because they werenā€™t attacked so specifically, so vehemently. They wonā€™t take this shit. So bring it on Sean.

3 Likes

Start with votes and organization ā€¦ ALL the way down ā€¦

Then with protest ā€¦ then with money/ boycott ā€”

And donā€™t let up ā€”

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available