Discussion: Trump Makes Bizarre Courtesy Call At CIA Headquarters

Did my part here in the march in Eugene, Oregon. Largest march in our history–thousands.

13 Likes

If what you just said were even vaguely true, I have no doubt that Mad Dog would take matters into his own hands.

And the spicy Sean Spicer adds to the lunacy with a whose lying eyes you gonna believe shamefest statement to the press, wink, wink, just now…

3 Likes

Watching Spicer now - holy shit!

4 Likes

Browbeating the media only works so long. This is like Nixon circa August 1973. Maybe November.

10 Likes

We’ve jumped straight to late Nixon…

13 Likes

15,000 at the demonstration here in Tucson!

http://www.kvoa.com/story/34313959/womens-march-in-tucson-draws-10000

10 Likes

Me too. I suspect he’s trying to please PP, who’s certainly watching.

2 Likes

I’m wondering whether most of the people in this CIA audience were even CIA officers. Normally, there would be only a handful of duty officers at Langley. So, was the audience ringers, Trump staff? Sean Spicer’s dyspeptic speech won’t change the truth. But his threat to the press is an ominous sign for the country’s future. Resist.

7 Likes

So I guess Trump traveled back to the White House inside the mirrored bubble?

4 Likes

we can outsource it to russia and save a lot of money.

6 Likes

Knock on wood!

1 Like

I was watching CNN and to their credit, they talked a lot about how odd the speech was and that he didn’t mention any fallen agents. I still don’t think they realize that it’s all about him ALWAYS. If they ever figure that out, we might start to see some of the normalization.

Dishonesty Spice is now in the press room lying about the crowd sizes.

8 Likes

Hoo boy do I remember those times.

8 Likes

They don’t have to be shrinks. An essential part of training in the art of espionage is reading the import of behavioral minutia. The whole room must have been going WTF?!?

17 Likes

At least this time the president isn’t a lush…or is that worse?

3 Likes

Lots of anger directed at the Park Service…If I was Smokey the Bear I’d look under the car before starting it.

6 Likes

@Tena: I think the analogy for the CIA vs. FBI is the same as that for the military vs. police. For whatever reason, conservatives are gunning for the CIA.

The Republican party and the alt-right Conservatives cannot dismantle the CIA it is too important. They want to weaken it and eliminate its resources so that it is worthless and cannot interfere with Russian interests or the joint Russian-US plan to take on China’s nuclear and military capabilities and economic might.

That is why Trump is talking about Winning. The CIA in his view is a bunch of Losers.

2 Likes

I guess I oughtn’t to be surprised at the often clever snark here once again about that man.

But why the exclusive focus on Trump? What he said at the CIA and elsewhere is no more deranged, dishonest, and disjointed that what’s been saying for 18 months on the trail.

My question - yet to be answered anywhere - is how could 65 million people vote for this jackass? He didn’t hide his bat shit craziness on the trail after all. And what would it take for these no nothings to develop some discernment?

Anyone?

9 Likes

@hayduke: time will tell. Why do you think Trump is talking to CIA agents about Winning? He thinks the CIA is a bunch of Losers.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available