Discussion: Trump: 'I Don't Have Thin Skin!' (VIDEO)

HRC and her team played him and then some - they lured him into a trap and he willingly walked into it and got good and snared.

re: yesterday’s HRC speech (I had posted this in a Hive thread) there was some question about whether or not Donald suddenly stopped tweeting before or after Hillary had made the “Donald is probably tweeting right now” comment.

The speech was supposed to start at 2:30PM EDT but didn’t begin until 2:58 (I was waiting…) After a quick intro, Hillary started to speak just about 3:00PM. I went back and found where HRC made the twitter comment and it’s 19:22 minutes into her speech, as follows:

So the stakes in global statecraft are infinitely higher and more complex than in the world of luxury hotels. We all know the tools Donald Trump brings to the table – bragging, mocking, composing nasty tweets – I’m willing to bet he’s writing a few right now.

So I’d have to say YES, her staff was waiting for a Trump tweet to throw that line into the speech and it is no coincidence that he immediately stopped tweeting.

What I find even more clever is that she never mentioned “Now, Donald will probably try to deny he ever said these things but we have the proof for every single statement”. The trap thus set, he fell for it, made his 6:13AM (eastern) tweet today declaring:

“In Crooked Hillary’s telepromter [sic] speech yesterday, she made up things that I said or believe but have no basis in fact. Not honest!”

Hillary’s direct response at 7:53AM:

“You literally said all those things.” along with a link to HRC’s The Briefing Site where the campaign takes each and every quote she attributed to Trump and gives the actual Trump quote.

It was a thing of beauty!

12 Likes

In the Tapper interview Trump was asked about his “thin skin” His immediate defensive response was “But I don’t have a thin skin!!!” I have thick skin!!!" Demonstrating his strong over reaction to a gentle description. So by his own words he most certainly does have a thin skin.

7 Likes

@darrtown

Yes, everything goes just as her team plotted… and now every time Trump opens his mouth he only validates what Hillary said. Her speech itself AND how things have unfolded after that, just strengthens my confidence that her team has got it and will execute it as planned.

1 Like

Just watched Hillary’s whole San Diego speech on YouTube. I don’t use the word awesome often or lightly, but . . . it was truly awesome! Get the 31:30 point where she says “That’s what honor looks like!” Just amazing! So great

2 Likes

His skin is not the only thick thing about him…

I say this will immense respect for spiders:

Hillary and her team have spun a vast, intricate and beautiful spider web of information and Trump is now caught in it, though he doesn’t yet realize it. The more he tries to extricate himself, the more stuck he will become. Next comes the paralytic agent. It doesn’t get better for The Donald. There will be no “counter punch” for him.

2 Likes

More Groucho “Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read.”

3 Likes

That’s Ariana Huffington’s theory. Since he brags about how little sleep he gets, around 3.5 hours per night, the lack of normal shuteye makes him unhinged.

1 Like

“But… but… I know words! I have the best words!”

Yes, Donald. And you have people skills, too. So… what is it you actually do around here?

1 Like

And speaking of which… :expressionless:

5 Likes

Wait until he shows pictures of his shapely, feminine ass.

One of these days Hillary is going to actually pay him a compliment and he’ll turn around and deny repeatedly that he has whatever quality it was Hillary complemented him about, totally oblivious to the fact he’s been had.

1 Like

But the response of the rest of the Republicans will be anything but boring!!
Let’s ask Ryan and Cruz about Trump’s thick skin. Let’s ask McConnell about Trump’s readiness to handle the nuclear codes.

3 Likes

How far the GOP has fallen----from “I am not a crook” to “I have very thick skin and a strong temperament”

4 Likes

and if you dig into what he is trying to get across - it has effectively gone from
gruffly saying “I am not a crook” - to - delusionally screaming "I am not an unstable lunatic"

• when you have to wildly rage and rant & rave that you are not so unbalanced that you should be disqualified from being president - well, you have proven your opponents points
4 Likes

Interesting, too, how his claim has morphed from ‘best selling business book’ to ‘best selling book’ of all time … Both false, of course, but as noted above, the latter even comes up against factoids his base will have learned; The Donald claiming precedence over the Bible in book sales might even turn heads in that group, if not the MSM … I must believe this is done unintentionally, just like the first nuke launch would be. In the beginning and the end, he is just the perpetuation of the Big Lie. Lord help us, the parallels to the rise of the NSDAP are all around us.

“What do I have to do to prove my point? Go out into Times Square and murder someone in cold blood??”

2 Likes

“Well, I don’t have thin skin,” Trump protested. “I have very strong and
thick skin. If you do a report and it’s not necessarily positive but,
you’re right, I never complain. I do complain when it’s a lie or when
it’s wrong.”

To which I reply: Bull shit

3 Likes

Good for Hillary…she got under his (thick?) skin.

1 Like

It looks to me that the plan is “death by 1000 cuts”.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available