Discussion: Trump Hitches Himself To Giuliani’s ‘Collusion Is Not A Crime’ Defense

Its not clear that Trump remembers much of what he has said in the past, not the he cares. Living completely in the emotional moment of his own creation, the truth is whatever pops out of his mouth right now. Giuliani is no different, except that the power he exults in, stems entirely from Trump’s approval.

11 Likes

Drumpf probably carries a liability policy, but does he have collusion insurance?

9 Likes

We are though. We’re limited by having a conscience.

3 Likes

Except that never was the scope of the investigation.

1 Like

Great tweets. I’ve felt much the same all along. What people think are purposeful distractions are, imo, the actions of a sick person with a diseased mind and zero self-control who cannot help but to act out and strike at his detractors. If there is any planning it consists of, “No one gets to tell me I can’t congratulate Putin.You’re not the boss of me!” Even when others do put a plan in place he’s unable or unwilling to follow it because he has an almost pathological need to blow it up in a show of some odd form of dominance or because his various psychological issues simply will not allow him to stick to it. Just about the only thing he does that is truly calculated is to gin up his base. Like a one hit wonder from 20 years ago, he knows what they want to hear and he’ll play it again and again as long as they keep cheering.

12 Likes

collusion | kəˈlo͞oZHən |
noun
secret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy, especially in order to cheat or deceive others: the armed forces were working in collusion with drug traffickers | collusion between media owners and political leaders.
• Law illegal cooperation or conspiracy, especially between ostensible opponents in a lawsuit.

3 Likes

I’m not so sure he is. The thing about the 24-hour news cycle is that those who, like Trump, fully embrace it seem not to be aware of continuity or projecting out much beyond, oh, a month or so at most. (Imagine his dismay upon learning that North Korea is still a Thing–hadn’t he signed an agreement and stuff??) The one thing he knows for sure right this minute is where and, to a certain extent how, he’ll be spending his weekend. Most everything else will be determined by what he sees on Fox & Friends or the sweet nothings Hannity has whispered in his ear the night before.

2 Likes

" out in the open …in broad daylight … that’s the best way …"

(Sean Connery …’ The Presidio ’ …

1 Like

Collusion is not a crime, conspiracy to commit election fraud is.

2 Likes

Collusion is not a crime, but that doesn’t matter because there was No Collusion (except by Crooked Hillary and the Democrats)!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 31, 2018

Hillary is guilty of not a crime!!
11 Likes

Yes. It is.

COLLUSION: illegal cooperation or conspiracy, especially between ostensible opponents in a lawsuit; secret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy, especially in order to cheat or deceive others.

2 Likes

I agree with euglena a pluckyinky - it is just one long string of his flailing and lashing. He wants to destroy everything, since nothing for him ever lasts. No friend, wife, family member, business associate, contractor, or REALITY can take the pounding and insanity. No friend lasts for long, and as much as Trump gushes over his latest friend, he is trashing him relentlessly by next week.

I will say again, alluding to the first tweet that Ralph posted: If the POTUS has all this info on crimes, he of all people could get action. If he knows HRC or Dems or ClintonFoundation or Uranium One was a jackpot of criminal activity and he had REAL LEADS, he could get all kinds of Law Enforcement down on their heads. He could be relentless and declare it a national emergency and obliterate them all. Since he hasn’t done that, we can assume he has nothing. And amazingly, and what should be SO CLEAR to all media and the public…not a single Dem has had a Russki fall out of their wardrobe. As far as I know, with all the Russkis turning up under every rock…it is always Republicans. Their people, their orgs, their money, their campaigns, and their crimes. Everytime. There is no better evidence than it is ALL on one side.

18 Likes
To Dave Roberts, you must listen.

Why talking like Yoda are you?

Collusion is not a crime, but that doesn’t matter because there was No Collusion (except by Crooked Hillary and the Democrats)!

Translation- I am guilty as hell of conspiring to rig the 2016 elections, and I could never be a thug like Putin or Duterte because I have the balls and intestinal fortitude of a thin skinned 4 year old.

1 Like

Unlock her up!! Unlock her up!!

16 Likes

While Trump has said that collusion isn’t a crime in the past, it’s notable that he is seizing on his lawyer Rudy Giuliani’s talking points, especially given how muddied Giuliani’s message on the topic has been the past two days.

Muddied, muddled, addled, bonkers haha nutso … in this case, the lawyer perfectly represents his client.

3 Likes

They didn’t get Tricky for the collusion, either. They got him for covering up the collusion - Obstruction of Justice.

10 Likes

Thank God… we can stop skirting the issue - Trump has basically acknowledged that he colluded … and is now just trying to argue that it does not really matter.

5 Likes

Which is precisely what Trump’s lawyers don’t want Mueller to ask him about.

2 Likes

No collusion. Well, maybe collusion. But not a crime.

Conspiracy against the United States… and that is a crime.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available