Discussion: Trump Admits He's Slipping In Swing State Polls: 'We're Having A Problem'

He told the church leaders gathered that he needs evangelical voters to secure a win in November.

Here’s a pro tip for you Donald: Don’t shit all over their favorite candidate (Ted Cruz) and then expect the Evangelicals to wipe your ass.

6 Likes

Perhaps this is the explanation for the unusual ‘strategy’ which sent him to Maine the other day: These rallies and speeches are the laying of the groundwork for absolving Trump himself of a looming electoral debacle; it’s the fault of all the evangelicals, the miners, etc., etc., for not turning out – whether they exist or not, matters not. Can’t imagine him actually asking for help, he’s just pre-blaming others for his failure. Which may suggest that things are really, really bad from that side. Electoral bankruptcy court!

6 Likes

To be fair, there are entire communities that identify with the coal industry, because that is all they have. The diner has customers because it’s the miners going to or from work. The barber shop has miners in getting haircuts. I’m not saying this going to give Cheato the Clown the numbers he needs, just that saying no one but miners are affected by what impacts coal is untrue.

2 Likes

Pretty ironic that those types of voters keep voting for republicans and then complain about the state of their economic security.

4 Likes

Yeah, they wouldn’t vote for her anyway. And part of the issue in the Rust Belt is that the areas (mostly urban) which long ago accepted that steel and coal weren’t going to keep employing great numbers and expanded into other industries (like finance and insurance) are doing well (Pittsburgh, for example). There just isn’t much that can be done to fix coal country, which after all has pretty much always been poor-- “well-paid but poor,” and now not even well-paid.

It’s sad, but no one can fix it, because the world has moved on. Trump, of all people, can’t do anything about it, but the people who live in areas that used to serve the coal industry haven’t had a lot of options for a long time.

5 Likes

“Had you voted for Romney, it would have been much closer,” he said, per the Times. “You didn’t vote for Romney, the evangelicals. Religion didn’t get out and vote.”

Telling them they screwed up. Yeah, that’s the ticket!

12 Likes

I’ll bet putting a huge amount of money into fixing our infrastructure would add a lot of good-paying jobs.

Wonder why no one has tried to do that?

Oh, wait…

7 Likes

Failure is most definitely an option.

6 Likes

I don’t think Trump is running for president with the intent to win. What he’s doing is conducting market research, identifying potential consumers/saps/dupes for his new media empire, a rival to Fox. Instead of Help-I’ve-Fallen-And-Can’t-Get-Up and Reverse Mortgage commercials, he will have advertisements for Trump University, Trump Steaks, Trump Taco Bowls etc. He will do a hostile takeover of Breitbart, Newsmax, and like organizations and consolidate them into the Trump News Network.

2 Likes

As with all gop/bags living in the past. “When ronny ray-gun was god and everything was right with the world…”

Here in AZ, jony mcCrank is running tv ads against Ann K, promising to repeal Obamacare. If you can freaking believe it??? He’s running the same ads from his 2010 run. Like nothing has changed since then!

Twenty million people now have health insurance. I bet he doesn’t have a clue how many of his “fellow Arizonans” have health insurance now. And just what are they going to do going back to the days without healthcare.

What an idiot. What a couple of idiots!

5 Likes

Here’s one vote for ‘very nice, long vacation’… honestly once this election is over I don’t even want to see this jerks name mentioned in the press for at least a decade!

3 Likes

I wish someone in some party would run on a platform that includes a big push for “National High Speed Rail”. That map and the possibilities for our future makes me all tingly in my bathing suit area.

http://www.ushsr.com/images/810_US_HSR_Phasing_Map.gif

13 Likes

Exactly!!! It’s YOUR damn fault I didn’t win. Now, America won’t be great again since I didn’t win. Because YOU dropped the ball.

Losers.

ExpectthisNov9th

8 Likes

Lord, for the love of this nation, I hope AZ votes McCain to take a fucking rest-of-his-life vacation. I know Cindy won’t like it – but she has ten other houses from which she can choose.

4 Likes

“Pray for me in my hour of desperation. (And if any of you have any sway with those sort-of-Christian Mormons, that would be great too.)”

2 Likes

I bet those miners were told to be there too. Mining companies have a bad track record for that.

2 Likes

A Trump supporter:

3 Likes

This is great, all this talk about Utah and Romney. Did no one tell this schmuck that the audience he was addressing consider Mormons to be Hell-bound apostates?

2 Likes

From your lips to the AZ voters ears…and ballots!

1 Like

Yes, but this is primarily eastern Kentucky, western Virginia, West Virginia, and central Pennsylvania. For Kentucky, Virginia, and Pennsylvania, it is a classic contest between rural and urban. It will be close in Kentucky, but in Virginia and Pennsylvania the urban will carry the day. West Virginia is all rural – even the urban areas are rural – and will go blue when Hell becomes endothermic.

West Virginia electoral map for 2012:

Blue indicates the counties that went for Obama.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available