Discussion: Trump Admits He's Slipping In Swing State Polls: 'We're Having A Problem'

Poor thang. Reality is setting in. Real reality, not staged tv show reality.

8 Likes

Drumpf’s campaign is Apollo 13, but without the on-board brainpower or on-the-ground support.

11 Likes

This is the most honest thing this man has said since the campaign started.

9 Likes

Once again, Benedict Donald is counting on the miners and steel workers to win? Just how many people does he believe are in those industries? Loser!

And I hate to break it to Donnie but there are less and less Americans who self-identify as Evangelicals these days. Sad!

23 Likes

Trump: I need help. What about the 2A people? Why is it not gaining momentum. That will solve it.

9 Likes

Wonder how many of the evangelical leaders are using the photos of Malaria as fapping visuals?

15 Likes

One of the two remaining Drumpf campaign aides revealed that up til now, Donnie has been reading the polling graphs upside down.

11 Likes

The problem for Trump isn’t going to be getting the voters out to vote…He’s the problem and he’ll never admit it. He’s losing almost every demographic there is! At this rate, we could be looking at the first Electoral Landslide we’ve had since 1984!

One analysis points out that Trump could win Florida and Ohio and still lose the election. At this rate, Trump is going to wake up the day after the election with the biggest L stamped across his face imaginable and a slink of shame in his future as all the bridges he has burned come home to roost (yes, I know, awful metaphor there :stuck_out_tongue: I don’t always get them right, but then again, I’m not a Presidential candidate.)

9 Likes

"Pennsylvania is a little further, but I think we’ll win Pennsylvania because of the miners,” he said, before pivoting to bashing Hillary Clinton, according to the Times.

There were roughly 8,000 people directly employed mining coal in Pennsylvania in 2014. Assume many are married with spouses supporting Trump. Throw in a few businesses solely dependent on the spending of those miners or they fail. Just how many goddamned votes does Trump think appealing to coal miners reels in in Pennsylvania? The man is so detached from reality it’s pathetic. He believes coal miners will push him to victory in PA. WTF?

22 Likes

Trump: Hey, it’s getting a bit warm in here. What the fuck, I can’t get the door open here! What’s going on!? Cough. Uh-oh! Cough-cough. Hey, Help! Couch-cough-cough-cough. Anybody-cough-out-there? Cough-cough. HELP! AAAAAAARRRRrrrrrrrrgh!

Metaphorically, of course.

8 Likes

Trump makes crazy statements faster than TPM can report them. I’d like to see a scrolling banner at the top of the main webpage, a kind of digital ticker-tape. The first few entries:

Trump Lie #3,785: She wants the miners out of business.
Trump Lie #3,786: She wants steel out of business.
Trump Lie #3,787: Religion didn’t get out and vote.

My numbering may be off.

12 Likes

What do you mean “we” orange man?

5 Likes

In 2014 there were less that 8000 coal mining jobs in a state that has 12.7 million people. But good luck swinging Pennsylvania with the coal miner votes.

7 Likes

Pictorial Summary of the Drumpf Campaign - August 12, 2016

5 Likes

The “problem” is called reality.

6 Likes

Is it?

"Pennsylvania is a little further, but I think we’ll win Pennsylvania because of the miners,”

That’s an example of deep in the bubble thinking if I have ever seen it. He gave a speech before some miners in VA, and for the next 2 days, his response to everything everywhere is the “miners are going to win it for me”. Because a small group of miners were the last group of people to show him adulation.

its hard work to be that disconnected from reality, in my opinion.

22 Likes

Shorter Trump: I will take any help from anyone. Putin, Assange, ISIS, Al Qaeda… they are welcome to take USA down. I will make a deal with you and help when I become POTUS.

2 Likes

and yet he says people will just “show” up to vote and he doesn’t think he needs to do any voter outreach.

Please Proceed Governor.

3 Likes

Trump thinks a “swing state” is where Roger Stone goes looking for a well-hung male to join in a three-way

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available