Discussion: Top Gun Lobbyist: If GOP Loses SCOTUS, We Might ‘Have To Resort To Bullet Box’

“They cling to their Guns, and Bibles…” was never a truer statement made.
These “ammo-sexuals” have fetishised their guns to the point of it being a psychosis.
I used to work with an “ammo-sexual” and it was ALL he could talk about at work. His cube was plastered with pictures of his guns just like everyone else puts up pictures of their family (no pictures of his family anywhere to be found, BTW) and he was convinced that the 'Gub’mint" was coming, any day now, to take away HIS GUNS. He railed against the company policy of “No Guns on the Premises” claiming it put his life in “imminent danger.” He had at least 4 guns in his car at all times, and over 50 guns at home. For some reason he liked me and talked to me all the time, no one else at work would talk to him or sit next to him because he was such a racist, misogynistic, Fundie-nut and they all demanded he be moved into the far corner of the building by my office (and the back door.). He was a very talented engineer however so the company overlooked a lot of his bad behavior.
He ended up in a shootout with the sheriff’s SWAT from the concrete bunker he built in his basement and they had to smoke him out with teargas and flash-bangs. He was charged with numerous ATFE violations and the IRS pounded him because he was also a “Sovereign Citizen” adherent and never paid his taxes.
Now he is in a mental institution, still raving about the “Gub’mint” and his lack of guns, which his wife sold to pay for the divorce…and it was ALL OBAMA’S FAULT according to him.
Pitiful waste of brains as far as I am concerned.
Guns are just as addicting as Heroin, and far more destructive it seems.

13 Likes

Republicans love the freak show now dominating the big tent. Is the the on the record or off the record GOP platform for 2016?

“the courts do not have the last word on what the Constitution is”

Never ceases to amaze me that they’re still mad about Marbury v. Madison…although I suppose it shouldn’t.

8 Likes

Imagine the repsonse if a representative from Planned Parenthood declared that shooting people might be necessary to protect women’s reproductive rights.

8 Likes

As a former member of the US Army, I gotta say… I do so enjoy people who talk about the second revolution. It’s been 150 years, but do you all not remember that 11 states banded together an tried that once? Dig deep enough in Georgia through South Carolina and you can still find the ashes of those you turned to violent revolution and personally owned fire-arms to overthrow the legally elected President of the United States.

And that was before we had Abrams tanks and air support.

4 Likes

Oh, yeah, because a handgun or rifle is much more effective than a drone with a bomb! Idiots!

1 Like

I do hope you’re not suggesting that I’m with the seditionists.

“At that point, we would have to come to an understanding, which we’ve been sort of taught, it’s been taught out of us, that the courts do not have the last word on what the Constitution is,” Pratt said on the show

Ah, the old principle that the population has the right to uprising. Oddly, George Washington disagreed.

4 Likes

Dear Mr. Pratt,
There are more of “us” than there are of you
… and a lot of “us” are every bit as powerfully resourceful as you may think you are.
Do the math.

2 Likes

No, I was agreeing with you.

3 Likes

Oh OK. I misinterpreted your words then. Apologies.

“And if you think, this sounds like a terror threat, you are wrong !”

Sorry, but that’s just not true.

See the chart about half way down the page.

7 Likes

No difference? Dave, you are flying in the face of the facts. Geez. It’s not just guns where the differences are. How about Supreme Court nominees, Climate Change, the ACA? How about the fact that Trump is a fascist and Hillary isn’t? No differences there? C’mon, there are huge and significant differences, and even Bernie admits that. I like Bernie’s policies, too, but he isn’t going to win, and peddling this “Hillary and Trump are the same” crap is false, misleading, and dangerous.

2 Likes

Yes, what it comes down to is that Bernie’s supporters are too young to remember what happened in the 1972 presidential election. The election of 1972 was the last time the Democratic Party ran a truly progressive ticket. The primary issue was the Vietnam War, but there were many other progressive planks in the party’s platform. Now George McGovern was a decent man and the overriding sentiment of the times was “never trust anyone over thirty”. Despite the overwhelming unpopularity of the Vietnam War by this time, the results of the election were as follows:

Nixon                McGovern
Electoral votes      520                  17
Popular vote         47,168,710           29,173,222

McGovern carried only Massachusetts and the District of Columbia. And this was despite the fact that Nixon still hadn’t ended the war in Vietnam as he promised when first elected and despite the burgeoning Watergate scandal.

The message was clear: Progressive doesn’t pay off at the polls. McGovern’s predominantly young supporters came away sadder but wiser. Bernie’s supporters haven’t had a chance to experience this lesson yet, but that is what history is for. You can either learn the lesson from history or you can repeat it and learn from experience.

15 Likes

… arrest this domestic terrorist… now!..

1 Like

Maybe Larry and Glen Beck can rub a few brain cells together and start their own super great country — I bet Elon Musk would lend them a rocket or two to get to the moon.

I know we shouldn’t have to go over this AGAIN, but…

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/part-I/chapter-115

18 U.S. Code § 2383 - Rebellion or insurrection

Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

18 U.S. Code § 2384 - Seditious conspiracy

If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.

18 U.S. Code § 2385 - Advocating overthrow of Government

Whoever knowingly or willfully advocates, abets, advises, or teaches the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States or the government of any State, Territory, District or Possession thereof, or the government of any political subdivision therein, by force or violence, or by the assassination of any officer of any such government; or

Whoever, with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of any such government, prints, publishes, edits, issues, circulates, sells, distributes, or publicly displays any written or printed matter advocating, advising, or teaching the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying any government in the United States by force or violence, or attempts to do so; or

Whoever organizes or helps or attempts to organize any society, group, or assembly of persons who teach, advocate, or encourage the overthrow or destruction of any such government by force or violence; or becomes or is a member of, or affiliates with, any
such society, group, or assembly of persons, knowing the purposes thereof—

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.

If two or more persons conspire to commit any offense named in this section, each shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.

As used in this section, the terms “organizes” and “organize”, with respect to any society, group, or assembly of persons, include the recruiting of new members, the forming of new
units, and the regrouping or expansion of existing clubs, classes, and other units of such society, group, or assembly of persons.

18 U.S. Code § 2389 - Recruiting for service against United States

Whoever recruits soldiers or sailors within the United States, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction thereof, to engage in armed hostility against the same; or

Whoever opens within the United States, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction thereof, a recruiting station for the enlistment of such soldiers or sailors to serve in any manner in armed hostility against the United States—

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.

18 U.S. Code § 2390 - Enlistment to serve against United States

Whoever enlists or is engaged within the United States or in any place subject to the jurisdiction thereof, with intent to serve in armed hostility against the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

7 Likes

I am in agreement with all three of the previous responders to this post. And am also going to urge that ALL DEMOCRATS hold Sanders to making sure that 99% of his supporters be at the ballot box to vote for Hill.

7 Likes

“Gun Owners News Hour”

What a treat that must be to watch.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available