Discussion: Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Tells TPM: We Both Fear For Our 'Physical Safety'

Thanks ever so much but I’ll stick with the traditional recipe, if you don’t mind.

2 Likes

The fact that Daniels had sex with Trump tells you she is a woman of some fortitude.

5 Likes

And yet he shows the appropriate amount of respect.

It’s a conundrum.

4 Likes

You may have to get in line.

1 Like

It’s true.

1 Like

The question is, whom are you going to believe in this “he said, she said”: (1) The fake blond with the big boobs, or (2) Stormy Daniels?

13 Likes

To keep things drinkable why don’t we use Galliano instead of literal urine? That might not actually taste horrible…

4 Likes

Great interview with Josh. Though Avenatti evades a lot of questions, it’s just becoming a more fascinating story as it goes. And Josh is a tenacious interviewer without being a jerk.

7 Likes

I’m still not convinced that, regardless of the details released in the interview, anything will change. This is a big deal that would drive any other politician or office holder or even businessman out of office - gone without a trace, no parachute, nothing.

But this is Trump we’re talking about here. He has never paid a penalty for anything he has ever done.

And Stormy and the lawyer and all those associated with this need to watch their backs. The Trump supporters, who proclaim themselves the owners and protectors of Family Values, will not heed what she says, but attack her and hers with all possible weaponry.

If she turns up dead like the Russian dissidents have, no one should be surprised.

She needs to tell that story. But it comes at a price.

1 Like

9 Likes

Majority opinion:

Only in DOL’s semantically created world do salespeople and insurance brokers have ‘authority’ or ‘responsibility’ to ‘render investment advice. […] The DOL interpretation, in sum, attempts to rewrite the law that is the sole source of its authority. This it cannot do.

The two judges in the majority were appointed by Republicans and the other one was appointed by a Democrat.

So the law now allows “salespeople and insurance brokers” to maximize their own returns.

Expecting them to agree to do otherwise was is … a bridge too far.

5 Likes

OT, but…imagine him being briefed on the procedure. “Can we change the launch code, like a password? I want it to be easy to remember. How about ‘Trump’? No? Ivanka1? That has numbers in it…I know that numbers make it harder to crack.”

2 Likes

Well, he did get elected …

1 Like

I wouldn’t dismiss it, and if I was Stormy and Lawyer I’d make sure to document it.

I’d say the likelihood of physical danger increases according to the amount of news coverage this story gets combined with any negative things said about Stormy Daniels by Trump, the WH or Lawyers. I remember the gamergaters online attacking of Zoe Quinn, Anita Sarkeesian and other women in gaming spilling over to real life threats carried out by the same kind of people who voted for Trump.

3 Likes

Stormy continues to be in the headlines. How many weeks has it been? Tillerson is fired, Cohn leaves, Rob Porter gone, Hope Hicks gone -not long after her questioning by Muelle-r security clearances revoked or limited, Don Jr. divorce, proposal to execute drug dealers. Most of these would be major stories for days perhaps weeks.But all disappear until the next outrageous outburst, twitter firing, or name the scandal -except- Stormy. She remains a big old problem for Trump and she is not going away. He cannot fire her.

10 Likes

If Daniels buys it from a dose of Novichok, it’s on like Donkey Kong and Super Mario Brothers!

Alright, alright! I’ll give you the code.
It’s one…

two…

three…

four.

5 Likes

“I’ve got it! 1, 2, 3, 4, 5! Just like my luggage!”

Dammit @greysea, you beat me…

5 Likes

In most circumstances, I’d tell Stormy to call the FBI but with the Preshitident Manslut-Peehooker in charge, I’d recommend installing cameras and hiring private security.

1 Like

No one is surprised by this. Why wouldn’t Trump employ leg breakers. It’s how he learned the business.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available