Discussion: State Rep. Fakes Sex Scandal To Hide Relationship With Fellow Legislator

Discussion for article #239192

When soap opera scriptwriters read this story, their jaws dropped as they asked themselves:
“How the hell are we supposed to come up with story lines that are as outrageous as the antics of these tea-chugging Christian politicos?”

37 Likes

Half-wit tries to be clever, ends up too clever by half, and looking like quarter-wit.

42 Likes

Everything’s a smokescreen with these people. Take some personal responsibility and get out of other people’s private lives FFS.

24 Likes

“Faked” it? Nah. It’s ALWAYS projection.

3 Likes

I’m not sure I understand his, for want of a better word, reasoning here.

11 Likes

married with children

These avowed conservative heterosexuals are out of control…

17 Likes

You can’t make this stuff up.

Bet any money that TPM is the only one that will run with this story - none of the MSM will touch it.

3 Likes

The Detroit News ran it according to the story. Growing up in Michigan, I can attest to the fact that they are. Outside of Michigan, I’m sure anyone would really care.

Well, at least now they will be able to go to church together and not meet at the motel6 in disguise.

7 Likes

When Republicans say being gay is a choice, this is what they mean.

30 Likes

As a gay man who has never been shy about who I am or what I do in my personal life (though actual details are no one’s business), I can honestly say that my “private” life is really rather boring and mundane when compared to these people. You go, GOP/TP!!

17 Likes

It was a super-clumsy attempt, but I think what he had in mind was inoculating himself by positioning himself as a victim of an untrue rumor, so that when the real story came out it would come out in the context of this supposed witch hunt against him. Not sure if he hoped this would lead people to confuse the fake and real scandals, or just be primed to have more sympathy for him, or what, but it seems to be something like that. Of course since he botched the whole thing so badly, we’ll never know if it might have worked. As a convoluted and risky gambit, prospects were not great, but apparently he thought he was playing 11th dimensional public relations chess and had a winning move. I’m guessing the Dunning-Kruger Effect plays a strong role with this one.

6 Likes

I thought of Barney Fife, although that’s being horribly unfair to ol’ Barn.

2 Likes

Hey, Ghost

I was talking more toward the on-air portion of the MSM. I live in Wisconsin, on the border with Minnesota, and I can pretty much guarantee no one here will run the story locally or nationally.

Apparently, it’s against the rules to point out hypocrisy and schadenfreude.

Ahhh … I see now. Forever positioning themselves as the true “victim.” These people are victims, of course – of their own making.

So many Conservatives work so hard at being victimized. Grow up.

4 Likes

It’s not about Hillary. It’s not newsworthy.

Wow. Cosmic facepalm.

2 Likes

Damn, it seemed like a foolproof plan on paper (well, cocktail napkin, which is a kind of paper).

2 Likes

Hilarious! Maybe they both had affairs with Trump?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available