Discussion: <span class="s1">Federal Judge Grills Arizona On Immigrant Policy: 'Does It Come Down To Racism?'

His beef is that the state of Arizona is promoting a racist agenda.
So are you.

4 Likes

You can thank @steviedee111 throwing you a much needed lifeline, which indeed helped me more than you, or you had NOTHING as a comeback to your obvious ignorance in this and many other matters.

A misdemeanor is indeed a criminal act, punishable with fines, jail or both…cupcake.

Good for him. Until we start calling racist people and racist actions “racist” out loud it’s going to keep trying to hide in the guise of something else. Maybe next time this lawyer won’t be so quick to accept a blatantly racist gig because he and the state he was representing were called out in public.

3 Likes

Judge Pregerson was first appointed by Nixon and then the appointment was made permanent by President Carter. He was also a young Marine in WWII who (unlike John Wayne or St. Ronnie) actually crawled across the sands of some godforsaken atoll collecting machine gun bullets in his body.

6 Likes

Well, according to Trump, the people in question are all rapists and drug dealers, so Arizona is simply using good sense in their decision to deny them driver’s licenses and state I.D.'s

This line of reasoning makes as much sense as anything that state officials from Arizona have presented to the federal court.

2 Likes

Just wondering, Beej, do you think people who want to reside here permanently should be able to demonstrate an ability to use English properly? Otherwise their ability to get gainful work could suffer, their businesses would languish, people would sue them to collect debts, ugh, it’d be awful. Just drains on society, they’d be. You don’t want that, do you?

7 Likes

They know that when they run into Pregerson they run into a buzz saw. Oily Taints called him a communist about 40 seconds in.

4 Likes

I hate agreeing with Puppies out of character, but misdemeanors are indeed criminal acts, though I’m sure you meant felonies. I couldn’t settle on an emoji to insert after this sentence. Something with hearts and smiles?

Conservatards already have their “race card” talking points in hand.

1 Like

And the thread-jacker is at it again.

5 Likes

If his response is “I wish you wouldn’t say such things” the answer to the real question is obvious. If there were any other reason, valid or not, he would have responded with that. But he didn’t. That response speaks volumes! And…it also confirms the truth.

1 Like

Wow! That’s awesome. Ooooooh to have seen the look on that Asst. AG’s face when getting asked those questions haha

3 Likes

His answer is in the story, although perhaps it wasn’t originally. In simple terms, his answer was tacit confirmation that yes, the law is purely racist.

2 Likes

Ever visit the border towns on the U.S. side of the Rio Grande River? An inability to speak Spanish will render YOU a liability to business, local commerce, and hinder your ability to earn a living and coexist with the local population.

2 Likes

Hell, I’d be happy if the average American had an ability to use English properly.

(And don’t even get me started on the subjunctive mood…)

7 Likes

Except being undocumented is not a misdemeanor. It’s civil. There is a distinction between “improper entry” and “unlawful presence.” Coming here legally and overstaying a visa…that’s just unlawful presence. Over 40% of undocumented immigrants simply overstayed a visa.

Even Governor Soprano had to correct himself on it:

6 Likes

While we’re at it could we get them to take off their goddamned ballcaps while dining in a fine restaurant? If reservations are required and entrees run $30+ leave the fricking hat in the car! I’d say the same should be required of any eatery but it would be too damn much to ask the average yahoo to do it. Their hat is as much a part of them as their dick. Both are probably required for sex with these guys. Geez.

4 Likes

To my knowledge there is no DIRECT Federal law that prohibits States from issuing driver’s licenses, but

To YOUR knowledge…that aint a very high bar, now is it? Everything after the word “but” proves you lost the argument. The rest is just your silly bullshit on display.

1 Like

Shhhhhhh, don’t blurt that out like that, have some respect for the place is hosting you…you know…here and there on this very website some pretty egregious “disabilities” on using proper English by TPM crew have been noted by many…keep it down.

Pssst…who is this Beej you keep talking about?

You desperate Pups…so very, very desperate.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available