Discussion: Sessions Was Linchpin For Trump On Capitol Hill When He Met Russian Ambassador

1 Like

One has to wonder what rumors were flying before this broke. It puts Gingrich’s advice to Trump in a whole new light. This must have been rumored since last week because I think it’s what made Trump take preemptive strikes on the both the NYT and the Obama administration.

And made Gingrich say that sometimes a problem looks small but the next thing you know it’s grown and is no longer small.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

35 Likes

You guys spelled lynch wrong…

1 Like

It is quite satisfying to see this little weasel embroiled in this controversy. It couldn’t happen to a nicer guy!

27 Likes

If not PeePee or Bannon it does not get any better than the Goebbels Elf.

27 Likes

“The Washington Post on Wednesday reported that Sessions in fact met twice with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak, first at a July event during the Republican National Convention”

Yes Sir! Clearly no connection between Trump, the Republicans, and the Russians!
Can you imagine if one of Hillary Clinton’s surrogates met with the Russian Ambassador during the Democratic National Convention?
You couldn’t make this shit up.

24 Likes

Also, if this was a meeting about Senate business, then there should be minutes, and a record in his schedule. Was the Senate in session at the time of the convention?

35 Likes

Absolutely. Let’s see his senate calendar. My guess is “meet with Russian intelligence agent posing as ambassador” won’t be on there.

34 Likes

Is his calendar a matter of public record? Can we request a look?

7 Likes

Sessions lied under oath during his confirmation hearing. He did in fact meet with the Russian Ambassador and perjured himself. Now republicans are trying to spin this as no big deal. This man, who committed perjury, cannot be trusted to run the Department of Justice. Recusing is not good enough -Sessions needs to resign.

27 Likes

“He was asked during the hearing about communications between Russia and the Trump campaign—not about meetings he took as a senator and a member of the Armed Services Committee,” Sessions spokeswoman Sarah Isgur Flores told the Washington Post Wednesday.

Yeah, save it for the jury…

7 Likes

It’s over: Sessions will resign. They are using the Flynn playbook.

22 Likes

I posted this elsewhere, but it’s good enough to submit again:

POOH-BAH. Certainly. In which of my capacities? As First Lord of the Treasury, Lord Chamberlain, Attorney-General, Chancellor of the Exchequer, Privy Purse, or Private Secretary?

5 Likes

Let’s talk to Kisylak . I trust him more than the Swamp Gas belchings.

6 Likes

Seems like pretty weak stuff. This explanation may temporarily save Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III from a perjury conviction, but he better hope the GOP retains the Congress. He’s opening himself up for impeachment.

5 Likes

Throwing key staffers under the bus is something this administration does on a regular basis.

11 Likes

He’s not going to be impeached, he’s going to resign.

Just watch. They are all walking the same path they walked with Flynn.

15 Likes

I’m only taking issue with the word elf, I think it should be pixie to #1 rhyme with Dixie, #2 don’t be dissing the Kebler Elves - I like their cookies, and #3 Sessions is as tall as a pixie stick.

6 Likes

So long as another Trump lackey resigns in disgrace, the aura of scandal will continue to dog the Trump cadre. This, in turn, may forestall damage to our country.

8 Likes

Which reminds me---------Don’t buy Dixie products …GeorgiaPacific…KochProducts…

BTW How did I make the quote big and bold? Didn’t do it on purpose…enlighten me, please…

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available