Discussion: Sessions Fires Andrew McCabe, Top FBI Official Targeted By Trump

Petty acts of retribution – a Team Trump specialty.

5 Likes

The bandit reassures:

https://twitter.com/BanditRandom/status/974845232238874624?s=20

13 Likes

This needs to backfire spectacularly. And I hope, and suspect, it will… :rage:

10 Likes

My thoughts exactly. Trump is terrified and lashing out in his petty, vindictive way. Wonder if Tillerson might want to have a chat with Mueller? Could be McMasters will also. This will not end well for Trump, but in the meantime he will destroy as many as he can. It is his vile nature.

6 Likes

Seems like an appropriate place to quote Gary Kasparov

“Every country has a Mob, in one the Mob has a country.”

15 Likes

LOL, good point. Did anyone happen to see the sickening footage of Flynn being given a hero’s welcome at some Repub gathering he was allowed to attend? A guy who is a liar, a criminal, and, to put it bluntly, a snitch so he can forego lengthy jail time and/or being accused of treason. And the Repubs were giving him a standing ovation. What a bizarre twist on the supposed ‘party of law and order’.

23 Likes

So much for my prediction that Sessions wouldn’t pull the trigger.

We’re seeing the beginning of the attempted coup for real now. It’s not so much that McCabe held an important position but rather that Trump has clearly concluded–as the firing of Tillerson and the threats to Stormy Daniels demonstrate–that he might as well go all-in and follow his instincts come what may. What this means is that the mafioso-dictatorship option is now being exercised, although of course it will be one step at a time, with McMaster next to go. And if Sessions thinks that this will save his job–I don’t doubt that this is part of his calculation–he’s wrong. Trump is in full Caligula mode, with the fervent support of 30-35% of Americans. Things are going to get very bumpy, very soon.

28 Likes

Here’s a possible twist: Firing McCab 10pm on Friday might be effective in next business day

30 Likes

8 Likes

I’m sure the Republican Congress will be all over this … No, wait. Didn’t they call for a special counsel to investigate the FBI and DOJ so they could do more of this bullshit?

Fuck

ETA: Fuck Fuck Fuck

11 Likes

One thing is for DAMN SURE.

That Blue Wave is now going to be a world record TSUNAMI.

7 Likes

When this shitshow is starting to appear in our rear view mirror, is there a way for the next (real) POTUS to reinstate McCabe’s full pension?

5 Likes

There was some seriously strange group think in that room. For Flynn, it was a major point of hubris as well.

8 Likes

Nailed it.

Grab a Fresca and hit the showers. Your work is done here.

8 Likes

LOL. He is still trying to screw Stormy but it will all backfire on him, as everything eventually does.

5 Likes

Sessions and Donald are a special type of scum to do this.
You can’t get any lower than this.
I hope McCabe sues the hell out of them

8 Likes

Nayerra Hak who worked for the Obama administration said it tonight on Bill Maher
He can fire McCabe , He can Fire Rosenstien , he can fire Mueller but the investigation is not going away Even if it comes down to State DA’s the investigation will go on
He just threw fuel on that fire

21 Likes

Phallic symbol.

You’re right. Trump will absolutely be gone—most
likely through resignation—before 2019 rolls around.

11 Likes

Made me dizzy and sick to see that. Strange and perverse.

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available