Discussion: Sessions Fires Andrew McCabe, Top FBI Official Targeted By Trump

I have known retired federal employees who made the argument that they were discriminated against at some point and should have been a higher grade at retirement, go to a court and win to get the higher pension — I have to believe McCabe will be made whole at some point soon.

3 Likes

Eggzachry.

FBI Agents association not happy either.

5 Likes

If “lacking candor under oath” is a fire able offense, then why hasn’t Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III resigned?
He was definitely lacking candor when he testified under oath.

5 Likes

Oh this all just gets more cray by the second. Fox was clearly clued in, as was Flynn Jr.

3 Likes

Wish I hadn’t checked email before going to bed, because after reading that McCabe was fired 26 hours before he would have been eligible for retirement, I did not sleep well. I could not believe the evil and vindictiveness of a soulless cretin who would do this.
It won’t save Trump in the end, however. He’s going down, and most of America and the world will cheer.
McCabe’s letter was a thing of beauty. This part, talking about the investigation, was a shot right into Trump’s addled brain:

“But it will not erase the important work I was prevailed to be a part of, the results of which will in the end be revealed for the country to see.“

7 Likes

Sessions spent time as a prosecutor. Will he nill he, he must from time to time look at Trump through that lens.

It seems like every time the wheels on this clown car administration wobble, trump’s pit crew is at the ready to fix things. Now that sessions has served his purpose, his pink-slip tweet is probably in the pipeline.

Cambridge Analytical is accused of lying when they claimed to have destroyed the wrongly obtained data? What a surprise! /s

2 Likes

Frankly I don’t see how the FBI differs from many police forces in that it is probably LOADED with right wing yahoos.

2 Likes

I suspect Sessions looks at Trump more often through the eye holes in his Klan hood.

5 Likes

which is why the deep state allegations are just so batshit crazy.

What we are shedding tears for is our country. Possible grievances ought to be handled with due process. Using them to expedite a railroading to fire someone to protect the President’s fat ass is wrong and ridiculous and corrupt.

2 Likes

That, too. Sessions shows that in how he runs DOJ.

My comment reflected more of a sense of the degree of stench coming from the White House. So great that even Sessions can’t ignore it.

I hope so. I really want to see what he’s hiding in there.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure if I was in McCabe’s position at the moment, I would probably say the hell with it and jump over a whole bunch of red lines and land right in front of trump.
Then have my revenge with pics and audio included.
A proper send off for that much deserving piece of crap.

3 Likes

“After an extensive and fair investigation,” of course, just means an email from Trump. This is what frightens me the most. It isn’t just Trump. They have managed to seize all of the levers of power, and they are using them, without even a grain of compassion or reason. (And they are not going to give them up willingly.) Without the faint light of hope blazing from the efforts of Robert Mueller, there would be nothing left of honor, and nothing left but despair at having lost our country. The founding fathers must be gnashing their teeth in anger. If Trump succeeds in quashing the investigation, I fear that all is lost. This is how democracies fail. I am sorry for Mr. McCabe that he appears to be a very visible target for the worst example of a human being ever to set foot into the White House (let along to occupy it). If a legal fund is established for a lawsuit that I assume Mr. McCabe will launch, I would be happy to contribute my small sum. We must fight back in whatever little ways we can. And let us hope that there will still be a free and fair election this fall, and that the results actually still mean something.

2 Likes

I’m pretty much with you. I sort of get why some of my friends and acquaintances voted for The Dotard. I accept that, with difficulty. However, those who continue supporting him infuriate me. I have no interest in understanding or empathizing with them. They inhabit a zone in the space-time continuum that is a great distance from where I live and I doubt that we’ll ever have anything close to a meeting of minds.

5 Likes

Does this kind of petty vindictiveness go over well in Trumpland ? Surely a (large?) portion of his voters are not that indecent ?

That was Lawrence O’Donnell’s take on it. He said the timing of the two announcements was not coincidental. I hope his motion to move the jurisdiction of the lawsuit fails. Do the lawyers among us know if there is any compelling reason to grant his motion?

I read elsewhere that when he turns 60 he will be entitled to his full pension. Losing it now is only possible because he is below the age of normal retirement (he is 51). I’m hoping he gets a great big advance for his tell-all book. I hope this is true but I don’t know for sure.

I’m not a fan of his, but what trump and Sessions did is just plain wrong.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available