Discussion: Senate Intel Chair: 'The Unmasking Thing Was All Created By Devin Nunes'

Mention is made of unwittingly working as a Russian agent. Nunes might fall into that category through a winery.

8 Likes

The thing that so many people donā€™t seem to want to credit is that what is going on for real isnā€™t going on in public.

The GOP isnā€™t going to leap into anything but if there arenā€™t GOP Congressmen and women who privately have discussed how best to make this happen and piss off the least number of their voters, then Iā€™m Marie the Queen of Romania.

Itā€™s going to proceed very step by step because they are going to be cautious. But they know what the evidence is by now, except for the new evidence that Muellerā€™s team will turn up.

26 Likes

So Nunes passed the loyalty test and now heā€™s bound to be admitted to the Trump Gang, right? Well, still has that Spanish-y looking last name, letā€™s not go crazy.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been watching him for 23 years. Burr was my Representative from '94 to '04, and has been one of my senators since then. And I can tell you that he is dedicated first and foremost to reelection and that his strategy for doing that is 1) keeping a low profile and, when thatā€™s not possible, 2) saying whatever he has to say and being whatever he has to be during election year.

Heā€™s not dumb, heā€™s not without a certain amount of integrity when heā€™s in ā€œkeeping a low profileā€ mode and heā€™s not up for reelection until 2022 when thereā€™s a really good chance thereā€™s going to be a Democratic president elected on a wave of anti-Trump revulsion.

For Burr, of all people, to publicly underbus Nunes and one of the White Houseā€™s favorite distraction narratives when he didnā€™t have to is a pretty good indication of where he thinks things are headed.

52 Likes

Whatever it is, I imagine itā€™s enough to curdle milk.

6 Likes

Oh you mean ā€˜fake newsā€™. ā€˜outright lyingā€™ ā€˜blaming and smearing to coverup your own short comingsā€™ā€¦THAT kind of crap was ā€˜createdā€™ by Nunes (ā€˜I do what I wantā€™) with an ā€˜assistā€™ by the WH. Oh for Godā€™s sake.

3 Likes

Who could imagine that a member of the Trump transition team could possibly be an unreliable and biased person to investigate ā€œTrussiaā€? Me, for oneā€¦bravo Senator Burr, for actually standing up for your country, instead of your party.

8 Likes

Burr did Nunes a favor, tossing him under the bus while there was still paramedics available. Later on all the doctors will be busy.

24 Likes

O I love that. Thanks for the information - I didnā€™t know that much about him.

8 Likes

Dear the CA-CDs that sent those Putin-ass-kisser Trumplicans to the Hill, specifically Nunes, Rohrabacher, Kevin ā€œI swear!ā€ McCarthy, as well as god-awful Issaā€¦

ā€¦ please rectify. I know many of you probably wonā€™t, but I gotta ask.

3 Likes

Yeah I expect CA to get totally radical and throw all of the right out next year.

Hereā€™s hoping!

6 Likes

Wow.

Howā€™s that body-slam feel Devin?

3 Likes

Nunesā€™s district is like Oklahoma, so I think, dammit, they will still keep sending the moron. Meanwhile, I heard Rohrabacherā€™s constituents are slowly but surely becoming aware of his ties with Putin/Russia. Itā€™s a red district but a kind of red that Hillary won (albeit with a small margin), and CA Dems seem to think itā€™s in play.

Soā€¦ hereā€™s hoping.

16 Likes

It is not going to be a normal year and I think the two Democrats in Oklahoma who just unseated two Repuglicans is a good example of why there are no more totally safe red seats.

14 Likes

I think itā€™s becoming more apparent every day that the endgame of the Trump situation is going to go very badly for the Republican party, and slowly, one by one, the survival instinct is kicking in for congressional Republicans.

8 Likes

Said the five-year-old spoiled little brat.

3 Likes

Iā€™m afraid the (political) California that most people think of is pretty much limited to the coast and maybe a tiny slice of the Sierra. The Central Valley and foothills are largely Trump country.

One of my favorite signs along I5 is on the edge of a failed orchard, blaming the Govmint for causing the trees to die from lack of water. Of course, there never WAS any water in that part of the valley except that furnished by government-built aqueducts. (Water furnished to the farmer for about a dollar an acre-foot, iirc.) This is the kind of grievance that assholes like Issa, et. alia, feed upon and get elected by.

(Said water was not diverted from its natural course through the Delta and the Bay during the severe drought years in order to slow the extinction of wild salmon/protect fisheries.)

10 Likes

Excuse me, Mr. Nunes. There is a Director Meuller on phone wishing to speak with you.

6 Likes

That was a pleasant surprise. Much needed good news when we are amidst this shit.

9 Likes

I thought so too.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available