Discussion: Senate Intel Chair: 'The Unmasking Thing Was All Created By Devin Nunes'

7 Likes

Senate Intelligence Committee chairman Richard Burr (R-NC) on Friday accused his counterpart in the House, Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA), of creating a false narrative about Obama administration national security adviser Susan Rice.

Give us a break ! First Spicer, then the Mooch and now Burr stabbing Nunes on the same day !!

(Please don’t take it personally, Allegra, you and the team are doing great, but it is getting late here in Denmark)

21 Likes

“The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes, and I’ll wait to go through our full evaluation to see if there was anything improper that happened,” Burr told CNN. “But clearly there were individuals unmasked. Some of that became public which it’s not supposed to, and our business is to understand that, and explain it.”

It’s not clear, but I assume that’s about Nunes revealing the process and the information in the classified briefing, and not Rice revealing anything she unmasked.

26 Likes

“I can do whatever I want, I’m the chairman of the committee,” Nunes said.

Translation “L’etat c’est moi”

33 Likes

Thank you Senator Burr for your comments on Nunes. Devin Nunes is one of the most self-centered, self-aggrandizing little weasels in Congress, and thus a perfect acolyte to our whack-job “president.”

59 Likes

Burr also refused to travel to the WH the other day for the health care pressure session, explaining that he won’t go there until the investigation is over. He’s not running for reelection in 2022, ergo no need to kowtow to the NRSC/RNC.

48 Likes

O man! There are a couple of GOP we might be able to rely on after all. All the people who think it’s impossible to get rid of Trump no matter what he does are wrong.

33 Likes

“I can do whatever I want, I’m the chairman of the committee,” Nunes said.

Just a reminder, folks, an adult, a grown man actually uttered these words.

That said, it's pretty big news that Burr so gleefully tossed Nunes and PP under the bus, and it was in defense of the Obama administration. That's interesting.
60 Likes

Agree, I am wondering if we are witnessing the start of the fall of Trump…

23 Likes

What’s more, he’s not the kind of guy who will be scared off by the inevitable horde of MAGA/Pepe zombies.

17 Likes

Any time a GOP member says something that appears to be reality based these days I’m always a bit shocked.

That’s it’s Burr, who is in the role he’s in, is heartening.

40 Likes

OT, but didn’t republicans scream bloody murder when Obama talked about bringing al Qaeda suspects to the US for trial or am I thinking of another time they screamed bloody murder about something else the Obama administration wanted to do?

32 Likes

Maybe it’s time to consider investigating Nunes for obstruction.

30 Likes

Collusion is the solution to delusion.

3 Likes

Was never very familiar with Burr, thus had no impression beyond - supporter of the McConnell tactics through the Obama years (generic sense of most GOP senators with whom I am not/was not familiar).

He seems to be taking his role with somber integrity. I am impressed with how he and Warner work together. Now even more impressed that he was explicit in defanging the “unmasking” narrative as a fabrication/distraction by Nunes.

17 Likes

Right you are: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/287169-republicans-blast-obama-for-risking-intelligence-methods-with-new-york-trial-of-al-qaeda-spokesman

6 Likes

Yep. Thought so.

Eric Holder shoves the knife in deep:

It’s good to see that the President and the Attorney General now seem to share my belief in the effectiveness of the world’s greatest judicial system and its ability to keep the American people safe. Their previous positions were political and counterproductive.

Hahahahaha! Bravo! Push it in a little more.

43 Likes

Congress, and particularly the senate, looks to be in an interesting phase regarding Trump:

. The common wisdom is that nobody in congress fears Trump any longer,

. Recent comments indicate that few respect him,

. After the fiasco with the health care bill, and Trump’s incredible incompetence in promoting it, there have to be a reducing number of people in congress that think that he can help them to get what they want.

So, after even the most cynical sources of support are weakened, what congress is left with is the steadily increasing dung heap of Trump’s scandals, and the associated price tag associated with supporting him.

It’ll be interesting to see where this goes, particularly if Trump tries to fire the special counsel.

16 Likes

Devin Nunes would have been perfect playing the role of Matthew Dumb, Maxwell Smart’s brother from an alternative world.He even screwed up his role of being a water boy for Trump. A truly pathetic member of Congress.

10 Likes

Makes you wonder what he knows about this administration that he longer feels the need to cover for them.

36 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available