Discussion: Schumer: Ryan Must Replace ‘Partisan’ Nunes As House Intel Chair

1 Like

It is sure going to produce terrible optics for Ryan if he doesn’t. I don’t know how much more blatant someone would have to be about being untrustworthy than Nunes has been.

28 Likes

Exactly. Which makes it seem kinda OK if he dangles for a little longer.

15 Likes

I can see that. Who knows what Nunes might do while Ryan is dangling? hahahaha

O holy fuck!

10 Likes

The whole affair has been so incompetent, that I wonder if Nunes was deliberately trying to get relieved from his Chair. At this point, screw Schumer, Trump and President Bannon themselves probably want Nunes gone, they want someone who can stonewall an investigation, without given it all away.

3 Likes

Chuck, Chuck, Chuck,
You talk about these people like they care.
They have no shame
They cannot be embarrassed
They always remain until the indictment
Ryan and Nunes
Two of the most tone deaf people to ever grace Capitol Hill

4 Likes

Wrote to my Congressman Mike Quigley who is on the HIC to see if the committee has any leverage to petition Ryan for Nunes removal

7 Likes

When advancing & protecting your party’s partisan position over rides your commitment to pursuing an objective investigation with basic integrity and impartiality - then you have to go !
and you may have to be prosecuted for breech of duty.

3 Likes

"Speaker Ryan has full confidence that Chairman Nunes is conducting a thorough, fair, & credible investigation,” his spokesperson told CNN’s Manu Raju in a statement after reports of Nunes’ meeting surfaced.

Not even trying to pretend anymore.

14 Likes

OT, but when I was reading Fortune’s website about the House’s vote tomorrow about allowing service providers to get rid of internet privacy rules, I saw this:

Breitbart News Denied Permanent Press Credentials for Capitol Hill

The right-wing news site Breitbart News has been denied permanent press credentials by the U.S. Senate press gallery until the publisher can clarify questions about its ownership and funding, as well as its ties to the White House.

A committee made up of five senior correspondents for the Senate gallery declined on Monday a request to give the conservative news organization what are called “hard passes” to cover Congress, according to a report by BuzzFeed.

Heh heh. That’ll piss off Bannon.

20 Likes

I am on the same page with Darth Cheney? Unbelievable…

6 Likes

What Darth just did with that statement is say in effect - we can charge these assholes with treason.

I know I know - color me out of my mind and gobsmacked. But that’s what the treason statute requires and he seems to be making the case for it.

9 Likes

Whoa. I sense a method in his madness. Talk about someone who can’t be trusted.

2 Likes

Even worse will be when Nunes is charged as an accessory to the cover-up and rAyn has to explain why he had "full confidence that Chairman Nunes [was] conducting a thorough, fair, & credible investigation.”

13 Likes

Right? hahahahahahaha

2 Likes

“You cannot have the person in charge of an impartial investigation be a target of the investigation.”
FIFY Chuck.

17 Likes

If Nunes was a judge - and was a Republican - and he had to rule in a case involving a Republican

• would he just totally cave in and declare “not guilt” without even looking at the facts?

• or would he simply violate all protocol and contact the defense attorneys and share information and coach them as to the keys to totally undermining the case

2 Likes

Even if he is Satan, he’s a professional Satan. When he says something in public, it’s for a reason, and “in some circles” means “my circles”.

11 Likes

Looking forward, though, who would replace Nunes as committee chairman ? Louie Gohmert? Or is Nunes the worst among equals.

1 Like

He’s also an old Russia hawk, like McCain and like Ms Lindsey - that’s kind of what has motivated McCain and Graham.

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available