Discussion: Schiff: 'There Ought To Be A Review' Of Kushner's Security Clearance

I remember a time when the sorts of things Congressman Schiff is going on about actually mattered to members of both parties, all the time.

5 Likes

Should lox you up for that oneā€¦

4 Likes

As in ā€œchoking the chickenā€?

1 Like

In 1994 I attended the the World Cup games held in the Rose Bowl in Pasadena. As Pete Wilson, California republican governor at the time, walked to the center of the field to speak at the opening ceremony he was very loudly jeered by the 100,000+ fans in the stadium (many of whom were latino). Little did I think at the time that this was a preview of the republican future in the state.

6 Likes

trumPP and his associates may discontinue talking to the press, and heā€™ll absolutely continue to incite violence, but that doesnā€™t mean his disenchanted associates will stop talking and leaking and sharing with the press. We can only hope the followers perpetrating violence will suffer for it. The attacker in Portland was arrested

Police in Portland, Oregon, have charged a white supremacist with a double murder and hate crimes, after he allegedly cut the throats of two passengers and stabbed another on a commuter train late on Friday afternoon.

2 Likes

Itā€™s mildly amusing that Adam Schiff is married to a woman named Eve.

9 Likes

Prop 87 the English only measure led to his downfall and the eventual rise of Democrats in the state. A state which was originally part of Mexico with Spanish names all over it and so letā€™s call us, for instance, St. Francis? Blind, deaf and dumb.

@katscherger I was very fond of Henry The Bulldog Waxman and his pugnacious style. Ted Lieu seems to have picked up some ideas from him.

5 Likes

I love Adam Schiff!

2 Likes

The U.S. Criminal Code (title 18, section 1001) provides that knowingly
falsifying or concealing a material fact is a felony which may result in fines
and/or up to five (5) years imprisonment.

Kushner may even still be under an interim top clearance, as the security investigation can be up to 18 months, but I also cannot understand why his clearance has not been revoked for ā€œknowingly concealingā€ as of last week.

Maybe he has friends in high places.

3 Likes

1 Like

Frothy is back, desperately trying to stay relevantā€¦

2 Likes

Do they have a pet snake?

2 Likes

Yesterday a short-lived troll said something about a post of mine and called it stating the obvious. Sad that you canā€™t find a troll when you need one

Frothy should go online to meet people.

9 Likes
It's mildly amusing that Adam Schiff is married to a woman named Eve.
Do they have a pet snake?

They probably donā€™t have an Apple computer.

3 Likes

Of course is Kellyā€™s fault, nobody is putting a gun to his head to go out and lie for the administration. He is doing it because he wants to remain in power and treat those mexican families and foreign travelers like the crap he believes they are.

1 Like

Thank goodness for Schiff and a few other Dems. To us, it seems like they are just saying the obvious. But at least they are providing a bit of (public vocal) balance to the Republicans who are spewing that the contact is no big deal.

I do wish that more journalists would point out that what the Republicans (and surrogates) are claiming is no big deal, has got to be put within the context of the proven Russian meddling in our election. How on earth are the network of connections between Trump and Co. and the Russians, ā€œroutineā€ and ā€œno big dealā€, when you consider the meddling?

5 Likes

I see your point on the spin and holding the base together and having something to say. We should expect that base to hold. I think that as a longer term thing (which is really a few weeks in real years) the Russian alliance canā€™t be denied. Theyā€™ll embrace it, but most other folks, especially soft supporters, will want to put a check on enabling that level of collusion with Russia and disruption to the global security and economic order (what I would call treason). We can see how Trumpcare has cost him among soft supporters and put Dems in a pretty good spot in upcoming elections in places like NJ, VA and arguably GA-06. I see the business community and IC community reacting against this level of disruptive behavior. Europe is actively going to resist Trump, which is good because it will limit the damage he can do. Weā€™re seeing a weakening of GOP resolve in Congress, and weā€™re seeing that Mueller has been an accelerating force for the investigation. Keep the pressure on and the walls will keep closing in on Trump.

3 Likes

There would be impeachment proceedings underway if a President Hillary Clinton had done this, and President Bill was impeached for far less. Thatā€™s how much latitude theyā€™re giving trump because heā€™s a useful idiot, though I believe we will see almost no legislation being offered between now and the end of 2018. In 2019 the march towards the general election in 2020 so no forward movement during that time either. There is no argument to be made for keeping him around, but then weā€™d have Pence and everything he represents.

5 Likes

No good choices, thatā€™s for sure. But at least Pence does not have such a scary, insane, rabid bunch of followers. He is a dull fellowā€¦.zero charisma, which makes him less powerful. And awful as Pence, is, I donā€™t see him wreaking the kind of international havoc that donnie manages to pull off. And then thereā€™s all of donnieā€™s spawnā€¦who manage to extend his destructive reach while costing us so much.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available