Discussion: Schiff: 'There Ought To Be A Review' Of Kushner's Security Clearance

As an Orthodox Jew, Kushner probably doesn’t do anything ham-fisted.

12 Likes

.from another source…

5 Likes

Real concision and clarity there. Not flashy, but when he’s done that quiet talk I wince for his opponents because he’s pretty much had the last word and left them in a bad place.

21 Likes

“Either way, I’m sure the FBI hasn’t forgotten.”

Yup. I am still amazed at the stupidity of a) Actively dissing the Intelligence Community, and b) Actively dissing the Press. These are two groups that, if properly motivated, can get to the bottom of literally anything. The fact that Trump almost immediately set about pissing them off speaks volumes about his capacity for delusion.

15 Likes

OT:

Merkel warns US, Britain no longer reliable partners

This “US UK no longer reliable” headline (I saw it from several outlets) floating may sound more sensational than what the Chancellor intended with her comments (see below). But the point is this is the damage Trump has done to us and to the world during his trip.

Europe “must take its fate into its own hands” faced with a western alliance divided by Brexit and Donald Trump’s presidency, German Chancellor Angela Merkel said Sunday.

The times in which we could completely depend on others are on the way out. I’ve experienced that in the last few days,” Merkel told a crowd at an election rally in Munich, southern Germany.

“We Europeans truly have to take our fate into our own hands,” she added.

@randyabraham
@tena
@inversion
@spencersmom

13 Likes

This is just posturing. Take away Kushner’s security clearance and the jackass at the top will just tell him everything anyway. If he can’t keep secrets from the Russians, who then can he keep them from?

6 Likes

And without sounding like a 2nd grader (with no malice intended towards 2nd graders)

I admit to having, let’s call them “warm feelings”, for Schiff and Nance. Smart continues to be the ultimate sexy!

11 Likes

That’s the talk around our back yard, as well. My wife and I would love to se Schiff run for senate.

A bit OT: It is remarkable how much better California has been governed since the republicans were relegated to a relatively powerless minority in Sacramento – though I’m sure Gov. Brown’s mastery of his office has something to do with it. In general, we’re developing a very good generation of democratic politicians in the state.

20 Likes

Might be a good time to assess where we are right now in #trumprussia:

1. Trump’s foreign trip was an utter disaster, even from a Trumper perspective (IMHO). He revealed himself to NATO/W.Europe to be owned by Putin. Their IC will now release more info on Trump. I also expect Deutsche Bank to cooperate and release more info about their financial arrangements. Our allies didn’t look scared of Trump at all. He has no power to do anything to them. Macron’s election and Merkel’s likely re-election are demonstrating this. Also didn’t see Theresa May eager to glom on to Trump either. She’ll still win election, but I get the sense that she realizes that Brexit is more complicated and will temper her gov’t’s actions accordingly.

2. Putin earned his split of the US-German alliance, but it’s pretty clear (to me anyway) that Europe views this as a Trump problem and not a US problem. That’s why the Der Spiegel article is important. Europe will find ways to actively root for and assist with the removal of Trump. They’re convinced that helping Trump’s removal is good for the western alliance and the stability of US Democracy. Putin, on the other hand, now has Europe focused on him while getting very little value from Trump. Trump’s actions aren’t changing the world order, but actually helping to reaffirm the need for a global western alliance where institutions, leaders and rules matter.

3. At home, we are now in a Watergate scenario with two tracks: legal and political. Nixon did all the same things Team Trump is doing now to keep party approval up and stave off impeachment. But like Watergate, Grand Juries and investigators are, on a parallel track, mostly protected from the DC political games and are looking at this administration. In Watergate, even as Nixon rallied the troops and looked Presidential, grand juries still indicted a whole bunch of folks (including naming Nixon as an un-indicted co conspirator).

4. The Senate GOPers came out of last week much more pessimistic about the HC bill. Some House GOPers want to see it go away. If #theresistance can bring the same intensity to the recess town hall rallies, it has been reported that Senate GOPers may be inclined to tell Mitch it’s over. If that happens, what purpose does it serve for Mitch to continue to protect Trump? We’re already seeing Mitch edge away at the margins with the stepped up pace of the Warner-Burr committee.

5. We have Jon Ossoff’s special election coming up. While I don’t think that election is pivotal, getting a win would be nice. Once we cross that date, the calendar shifts to Dems in NJ and VA for the fall and the GOP thinks more about 2018.

The Dems should continue to keep up the intensity, demand an independent commission and get aggressive with Trump’s war room. They need to open multiple fronts against Trump and the GOP to buy time for Mueller, FBI and DOJ to start issuing indictments and to weaken GOP resolve.

26 Likes

You haven’t been reading the Trumper forums. :smile:

They see the whole thing as a triumph. Seriously. He told the truth about Iran and about Islamic terrorism, he brought back hundreds of billions of dollars to create more American jobs, he told the NATO allies to pay their fair share. Total win.

5 Likes

Chicken-fisted?

1 Like

He is really good - stays on message and does it succinctly and coherently without recourse to hyperbole and hysteria.

I have been extremely impressed every time I have heard him speak. Other Dems need to be taking notes - heck, they need to be taking lessons.

9 Likes

Expect him to continue to limit the freedom of the press and to continue to incite violence against them.

3 Likes

Trump couldn’t keep the details straight to save his life. The hope is that taking Kushner out of the loop would allow his replacement by someone not as close to the Russians and more of a patriot.

We’re letting the guilty frame this. We need to stop using the term “backchannel” –

This isn’t backchannel it’s covert espionage communications inside Russia Embassy using Russian secure comms to evade NSA /CIA.
~ @MalcolmNance May 27

18 Likes

When was this picture taken? Because Jared looks the same, but Trump looks a lot younger and healthier than he does in the photos from abroad, where he more and more resembles Konrad Adenauer in his non-features and broadened face. And that ludicrous hairdo! It makes him really look like the blockhead he is.

2 Likes

I archived this after I read it back in December. There is an impressive list of Democrats.

3 Likes

Imagine an Army Captain or Major who works at the Pentagon sends a letter to the Russian Embassy… or gives them a call on his cell phone and proposes setting up a secret communications channel. How long do you think that service member would (a) have a security clearance, and (b) be retained in the military? Yet because it is Trump’s son-in-law, he gets some kind of benefit of the doubt? Seriously?

8 Likes

Also ixnay on climate change but instead let’s keep calling it global warming.

3 Likes

Follow the money.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available