Discussion: Schiff: 'There Ought To Be A Review' Of Kushner's Security Clearance

6 Likes

“Alex, I’ll take Jared’s awards for 500…”
Trebek:“Temporary Security Clearance”
(Buzz)
Trebek :" Alger?"
Contestant Alger:
“What do you give someone when you only want them to keep secrets for a short time?”

11 Likes

Witches!

11 Likes

Sadly I think this is an administration that takes in people with good credibility and chews them out and spits out their credibility at the same time,” Schiff said. “Anyone within the Trump orbit is at risk of being used.”

This has been said around here a bazillion times, but I’ll still give him a “like” for it.

52 Likes

More BS it isn’t Kelly’s fault it is Trumps. When a man can stand there and lie his ass off and a politician can find an excuse for it, we ought to just shut the whole thing down.

10 Likes

Did the contestant get Hiss’ed? Will he be taking on KIm, the previous champion?

6 Likes

They’re gonna get together with Aldrich for the tournament of Champions.

10 Likes

Maybe Chris Christie’s lurking near the WH back entrance will pay off in the end ?

Jared the Silent hates him, but if he is forced to speak, he may no longer be a problem…

7 Likes

The security clearance ought to be reviewed? The security clearance must be suspended until all clearance documentation is verified. But at least Schiff is bringing up the matter for us.

36 Likes

Schiff is the Administration’s worst nightmare. He has a way of disarming his opponents while making tough statements that can’t be assailed.

Kelly and McMasters are traitors to the Republic as far as I am concerned.

30 Likes

Those who hoped the Trumpire would ever address the charges against it learned that will never happen. All it can do now is throw up more e-horses and more e-bayonets, a few more smoke screens and a battalion of SLAPP suits.

Interesting since young Sir Jared is leading both the fight to advance the Trumpire’s agenda on America AND the defense against the collusion and AML charges :wink:

8 Likes

And after President Obama was no longer in the Oval Office…

26 Likes

Kushner was one of the main advocates for firing Comey. At the time, one could have thought it was a ham-fisted step to protect Trump, but now it appears it was a ham-fisted step to protect himself. Either way, I’m sure the FBI hasn’t forgotten.

Meanwhile, Trump rails against “fake news”, but won’t say what exactly is fake in the news reports. And note, neither Kelly or McMaster pushed back against the reports. They merely downplayed its significance.

30 Likes

I know what you mean, everyone does, but until there’s either a Democratic takeover or a catastrophic collapse in Trump’s support, Democrats may need to avoid demanding things they can’t make happen. Saying what ought to happen leaves you a shred of dignity and puts the onus on a GOP that refuses to do a crumb of oversight in the face of outright traitorous corruption. It’s a tough call rhetorically but arguably you don’t want to repeatedly demand things that won’t happen and diminish yourself in the process.

35 Likes

I fear many aberrations are being normalized now. Unless there are consequences for treasonous acts, espionages, or plain old corruption, the bar will get set ever lower. It has become quite clear that there simply isn’t any disclosure which will turn Republicans from Trump.
I agree with @Stephen_maturin that it will take an actual tape to bring Trump down.

13 Likes

I keep being impressed with and amazed at his ability to get his point (and his point is always to the point!) across in an easily understandable, accessible language.

21 Likes

Flynn, Kelly and McMaster, all military men who have forgotten Duty, Honor, Country.

9 Likes

The talk in my California backyard is that he’s open to running for the senate next year and would win IF and big IF our senior senator retires (and I don’t want to get into the pros and cons of that happening)… This will be good news for the state, and even better for the prospects of a run for president in 2020. He’d bring an Obama normality back to government

@geofu54

32 Likes

“You have to ask, well, who are they hiding the conversations from?” Schiff said.

That is the key question… and in addition to the military and intelligence ears that might be listening to routine communications I believe that the community that Jared is trying to hide from is law enforcement. Specifically, the law enforcement agencies that are enforcing the sanctions against the Russian/Ukrainian kleptocrats.

18 Likes

Not just Kushner, but every other wraith that’s out there saying it’s not a big deal to have someone trying to set up a covert communications channel with a hostile nation.

9 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available